What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the TS400 back together but it's not wanting to start. Should have compression since it has new piston and cylinder kit, new spark plug, I checked, it does have spark. I put a small amt. of fuel in sparkplug hole and still can't get it to hit. One thing I did was crank it over several times before I remembered to turn the switch to "on". Maybe I flooded it so I'm letting it sit for awhile, try again tomorrow.

Got the TS400 back together but it's not wanting to start. Should have compression since it has new piston and cylinder kit, new spark plug, I checked, it does have spark. I put a small amt. of fuel in sparkplug hole and still can't get it to hit. One thing I did was crank it over several times before I remembered to turn the switch to "on". Maybe I flooded it so I'm letting it sit for awhile, try again tomorrow.
Hold the throttle open with your foot and give a yank.

Well nothing is on the bench. I was going to start the 372 build again when the crank came in but I discovered the crank was toast, the seller is sending another one, the first one that came in had some marks where the seal and bearing sat and I mic'd it to find it was .0018/.0015 smaller on the PTO side and if I push by hand I can mount a bearing on it so now I have to wait for the second crank to show up.

I also need to tear into the first SEZ and replace the PTO bearing on it so I will have to order in a new set of bearings/gasket and seal for it when I get back into town, they are sending me back out of town next week and telling me it is only a week but that usually means three to four weeks. I also picked up a HDC-64 carb for the second SEZ I picked up, I still need to clean it up and replace all the hoses/lines.

Then I want to start in on the PM 555, trying to find a set of rings for it the cylinder looks fine but compression seems low. I want to replace all the gaskets/seals/rebuild carb then after that I will tear the PM 700 down and do a good cleaning and replace the seals/gasket/rebuild carb etc.

I tried to start the TS400 again today and it's a no-go. This time it was no spark. I checked and the wire to the kill switch is grounded somewhere so I guess I'll have to remove the top again and see if I can find where it's shorted..I took the top part off the handle and couldn't make heads or tails out of the mess in there..I have a feeling that switch isn't hooked up to the kill circuit but don't know enough about it to know how it's supposed to be.

Work bench chain sharpening tool; I am to make a completely new chain guide / fastening and adjusting fixture for it, it will become very high precision made from hardened aluminum alloy. The fixture/chain guide on the picture is the original one.

RIMG0035.JPG

New vacuum press system I use for laminating and to eliminate bugs and worms in storm tilted milled wood;

RIMG0037.JPG RIMG0038.JPG RIMG0040.JPG

Latest posts

Back