What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulling the intake tract apart will take five minutes. Lock tite the block down while you’re at it.

Seal for flywheel side shows coming in Monday, I have the muffler off with a blank off in place for a pressure/vac test once the seal is in place. I should only have to put seal in/flywheel/cover then once the testing is done and everything is sealed tight I can pull the carb blank off and put the choke in place as well.
372 sb1-1.jpg
372 sb1-2.jpg

Craftman 1.9
a47f8281b55361e31f33b90c506ea47d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Another MS250, this time I have one with an air leak. I've got it all torn down except for jerking the engine out of it. I'll check everything but I'm pretty sure it's the main seals because when you run it the saw runs okay until you turn it over on it's side then it dies. Like I said, I'll check all the rubber parts while it's down...

@Yotaismygame I finally got the 181/288 back together, and you were right, lower compression than I think it should have. Other than that it runs really nice.
I plan to weld a pop up on the piston, how high would you recommend going? The plug looks fairly close to the edge of the chamber so I'd guess something like 0.040" max.

IMG_20200127_072311_439.jpg

thanks for all the advice so far!

.040 will net a lot of compression. Could always turn it down if needed. You could also lower the jug and cut a pop up. 288s have plenty of girth above the ring

depends where your intake is at right now. Wouldn’t want it any lower than 82

@Yotaismygame I finally got the 181/288 back together, and you were right, lower compression than I think it should have. Other than that it runs really nice.
I plan to weld a pop up on the piston, how high would you recommend going? The plug looks fairly close to the edge of the chamber so I'd guess something like 0.040" max.

View attachment 792492

thanks for all the advice so far!

Nice looking saw

It's alive. I have a different muffler coming in for it. This is the Huztl cylinder I ported, base gasket delete with .038 squish. My compression tester is off since it was showing only 120lbs of compression so I will have to get that fixed. This was with base settings on carb and I will heat cycle it a couple of times then start working it to get the rings to seat.

Latest posts

Back