What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's not saws but will be used when working on them. Slowly getting things up to where I need them to get ready to start attempts at porting again. I have always wanted a Wilton and found a deal I couldn't pass on so I picked up this 4-1/2" wide jaw, swivel base machinist vise for less than half the price of a new one.
WV1.jpg
WV.jpg

I also completed and have tested my Center carrier that I made for my lathe, they are wanting over $200 for them on Fleebay, this one cost me around $20 in materials to make and it has a 1/2" larger capacity (2-7/8") than the original.
CC.jpg
As far as the lathe itself goes I have had to do a lot to it to get it up to speed. I replaced the Half nuts, cross slide nut, cross slide gib and compound slide gib, belt tensioner bushing and got a quick change tool post for it. I have fixed other small things and have the lathe back to working like the day it was made plus picked up the optional gears so it can do any thread (SAE and Metric) out there then told the wife I am selling it to get a 14" lathe. I guess size does matter.
QCTP.jpg

Your 056 or somebody else’s? Either way both of ‘em look pretty nice. I just re-assembled an 056 yesterday and will be doing a clutch drum swap on an 045 later this afternoon. I’m doubling down on trying to get all of my ”saws in a box” assembled and packed away before surgery puts me out of action for October and possibly November.
791DA0E6-8AF4-49BC-B1F8-EAB096337B84.jpeg

nice lookin top plate,but get into the that gullet boy,or I,ll send buckin billy over there!
If I run the grinder much lower it'll start touching the driver link, but I could go in and clean out the gullet with a file. My angles for standard cross cutting chain are 30-50-0, so its a pretty aggressive chain, works well for softwood and torquey saws.

I spent yesterday evening re-assembling this Remington Super 754 that I restored.

20200924_191349.jpg20200924_191356.jpg

Does anyone have a right hand start 10-10 crank that they don't want? I've got all the parts for a short block here other than that....

Latest posts

Back