What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
Those numbers came right off of Husqvarna's website. Also they are in the manual as well. Page 25 Technical data, 3rd row down.

I looked at the p/n for both husky and redmax. Shows thats the numbers are different for the 570 and 580 mufflers. The odd part is that the 570 muffler is not available? Then you go to the redmax page, the 7500 and 8500 share the same muffler. Weird?

Have a look in the Redmax manuals. It list the numbers as the same between the two units. Seriously, go look. Something hinky going on with manufacters claims on these things. Wait, didn't we already know that?

It says that my 150BT has a max power speed of 7500 rpm but Redmax says that the EBZ5150 has an operatimg engine speed of 2200 to 6300. Wah?!

Well, I went and looked in the manual. It isn't a misprint. The same numbers that are on Husqie's webpage are in the manual. But I do think I have seen misprints before on Husqie's site. How can Redmax say the EBZ7500 turns at 7250 and Husky say 8000?!?

Have a look in the Redmax manuals. It list the numbers as the same between the two units. Seriously, go look. Something hinky going on with manufacters claims on these things. Wait, didn't we already know that?

It says that my 150BT has a max power speed of 7500 rpm but Redmax says that the EBZ5150 has an operatimg engine speed of 2200 to 6300. Wah?!

Thats weird lolol. The Husky manual embellishes a little bit with the ratings. In the husky manual, they bump the cfm up to 770 for the 570.

I assume you have the Redmax version?

Im torn as to if i should buy a 580 or wait to see what Stihl and Echo are going to come out with in the next year.

Well, I went and looked in the manual. It isn't a misprint. The same numbers that are on Husqie's webpage are in the manual. But I do think I have seen misprints before on Husqie's site. How can Redmax say the EBZ7500 turns at 7250 and Husky say 8000?!?

Yea it doesn't make any sense.

Ive seen that some people say these newer husky blowers run really lean, so maybe thats why they have the 580 turned down to 7200rpm?

I have neither. I have looked but haven't decided which to get. Or even if I am getting one. I do like that the Redmax's I looked at had fully adjustable carbs, like my 150BT. You just have to know where to look for the needles...

My Redmax dealer in potentia is offering $50 off the 7500 or 8500 through Nov. 14th.

The Redmax HBX2610 gets my vote for a handheld. It's a true professional grade blower with a vertically split crankcase and bolt on cylinder. http://www.redmax.com/products/blowers/hbz2610/

redmax-hbz2610-13161fb9.jpg

good luck adjusting the carb the only mixiure screw it has is the low speed side.

On the hand-held blower, I'll take a slightly different path. I have the Stihl Combi unit with the largest -everything- available, so one motor and a lot of attachments. Snap on the pivoting hedge trimmer and cut the bushes. The edger and hit the walkways--looks sharp. Assistant is mowing the lawn and chops up the mess (you do the bushes regularly, right?), pop on the string trimmer and hit the edges, then while they load the equipment pop on the blower and finish up. There's even a pole-saw (chain) and extension attachments.

The only catch is it's a quiet 4-stroke, so the valves should be adjusted as recommended.

In the Pro tree biz, we use them to blow chips off roofs and off patios. Hope this helps...

Thanks for your reply. However, I am keenly aware of what a backpack blower can be used for.
I'm still not sure what your answer has to do with why an opinion poll for a Leaf Blower is in a Chainsaw Forum?

I'm still not sure...

Nice to meet you not sure. I'm not sure why you kids need a muffler three feet long but can't seem to pull your pants up. lol

-edit sorry Jon1212. Just joking around. You were the low hanging fruit. The real explanation is we are engine performance enthuisiast. yup Especially two-stroke stuff. It's facsinating really. Doesn't matter that much what it runs as long as it runs good.

Remember, herd the cattle but leave the water bugs swim. For non-Shaolin Earthlings it means, prioritize, Jon. Don't sweat the small stuff. Work out the big problems instead. Time is a gift to the young.

In the Pro tree biz, we use them to blow chips off roofs and off patios. Hope this helps...
Hey Rev,

Jon is asking why this blower thread is under:
Forums > Equipment Forums > Chainsaw​
instead of under:
Forums > Equipment Forums > Hand Held Equipment and Tools​
which specifically lists "blowers"

A moderator should probably do a thread move to the proper forum.

This thread has been very interesting to me, even though it has nothing to do with chainsaws. I have about an acre and a half of "yard" (I won't call it a lawn) in the woods and I've always spent days raking, mowing, mulching and cussing leaves off the yard. This past Monday I went and rented a Stihl BR600 Magnum leaf blower, burned up four hours of my time and 2 gallons of premix, and had a blast doing it (pun intended). I'd never used a backpack blower before, only a small cheap Craftsman handheld and a Ryobi battery-powered job, and this was a totally different experience. I got leaves out of places that would have just frustrated me before, and sometimes two and three years worth of layers just peeled up and left. It cleaned dust out of the garage, gravel off the driveway and wood chips out of the garden. Acorns went flying and I think I saw a chipmunk go by at 200 mph.

Now I find myself wanting one and have followed this thread to see what everyone else thinks. Rental including the 2 gallons of premix was $48. I wonder if it 's worth continuing to rent, or simply buying a machine and having it available whenever I want it. I can buy a used machine on eBay or craigslist, or I have a local Stihl dealer and a local Redmax dealer. Plus there's always the big box and Amazon. I did really like the Stihl and am wondering if there any advantages to not having the grip throttle, or if a different manufacturer has a more comfortable strap system. I am a big guy and I did not have any problem hauling that machine around for 4 hours, except that occasionally my right hand would get a little tingly from the pressure on it.

Because it will be seen and posted in here. This thread has been here for several years. Besides, it's more relevant than half the stuff posted in "relevant" threads, lol.

Hmm?

So the Forum Guidelines don't apply?

Interesting.

Good to know, Brad.

Latest posts

Back