What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
Perhaps it is. Please tell me why it's suddenly am issue after 4 1/2 years. That's the real question.
Because, I honestly didn't notice it until late last week. It isn't any different than people posting CL or eBay links in the Trading Post, or Trading Post ads in the Trading Post Info Forum.

Besides, I figured if I posted in the thread itself, it would be construed as a "personal" attack on you, solely based on who I am friends with. Which is why I was reluctant to do so.

Went by a not so local dealer that carried Stihl and Shindaiwa. Strange brands to carry together, I think, but semi common around here. They let me try out a stock EB802rt and BR600. The Shindaiwa felt funky on my back at first. I don't know if it was the straps or what. It had the turbo tip on it, at least until start up. The tip wasn't twisted on and led to a funny moment when the blower started because it came off. Easy fix though. I do like the cruise control lever and stop button placement on the tube throttle. I know it was stock and I was just blowing a few loose leave around, but I wasn't terribly impressed. I think it needs a muffler mod bad. I didn't try to push my arm around like the ebz8500 did but I count that as a good thing. The BR600 is slick looking and feeling. But I think it is a little small for my needs. It does blow but when I would hit the throttle the whole pack would torque on my back slightly. Just enough to be annoying. Might be fixable by proper strap adjustment. That and I didn't care for the cruise control setup.

I think all the two cycle designs share a common need for a slightly richer tune, possible exception to the EB802RT, and a muffler mod. If you could see how much I cut on a 150BT muffler to get it free flowing, you would under stand why my 150BT runs well, IMO.

Mr. Snelling I installed one of those WYK-33-1 carbs, but I can't get this thing to run right. It idles great, but seems like it can't get enough fuel on the top end. Did you have to modify the jetting on your carburetor to get it to work right? I can back the high side screw all the way out and it still won't pickup enough fuel. It has good pulse & good fuel lines. Pressure tested the carburetor and it holds 10psi all day long. I know this is kind of old, but any help would be great.

Has anyone else tried this carburetor? It almost seems like it's not getting enough fuel. Any suggestions? I'm fixing to put the original carburetor back on.

i haven't used a husky blower for over ten years. I recall it being okay though. But I just looked up the 580bts. It looks like it rocks. That air filter is insane! Didn't see the 570 on the site though.

i haven't used a husky blower for over ten years. I recall it being okay though. But I just looked up the 580bts. It looks like it rocks. That air filter is insane! Didn't see the 570 on the site though.
To me it looks like the 560 with improvements. My original choice was the 560 until I ran across the add for the 570.

I don't notice any difference between my 560bts and my friends br600 pretty much the same power and weight, the straps are better on the husky and it seems to scour the ground a bit better. The husky was about 50$ cheaper than the br600 at my dealer.

I don't notice any difference between my 560bts and my friends br600 pretty much the same power and weight, the straps are better on the husky and it seems to scour the ground a bit better. The husky was about 50$ cheaper than the br600 at my dealer.
I think U-Tube has a video of the two in comparison on forced air power, and the Husqy blew away the Stihl using those two models.

Latest posts

Back