What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
Obviously you suffer from a reading/understanding disorder. I never read anything about someone becoming a major player over night. I was so free as to quote it below so that you can reread it again and hopefully all questionable fragments will become clear again.

No disorder, 7.

I read the subject to be "What's the best backpacker blower on the market?" And know the thread was started a while ago.

I read a comment that there was a new player coming to market. (I am excited to read someone generating talk of new products.)

I know that these threads frequently derail from the original subject, but have not followed this one as doing so.

I have been part of several best debates in my life. Few have had a strong candidate for best that is not viewed as a major player in the respective field.

My intent was only to question how a product not yet on the market could be considered "best".

No disorder. No offense intended.

166, interested to hear more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interesting thing is where there is good and comparable dealer support for brands, the better product will prevail.

When I was at school in NH, Redmax really didn't have a foothold, and the husky versions weren't really out, and so echo was a very popular blower due to acceptable performance and good dealer support. In downstate NY markets, there are tons of redmax dealers, and so the superior blower easily outsells the echo backpacks, of which I see few.

I actually have a few dealers somewhat close to me, looks like the end of leaf season for the release but here's some info. Seems pretty impressive, the tornado tip boosts the CFM but it appears to work well based on the dealers experience. I've never heard of Maruyama, but they seem to have a following.

Sure looks a lot like the redmax.

BL9000.jpg

It will not be released until spring. We did have a demo unit a couple days ago but it did not have the tornado tip.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

It will not be released until spring. We did have a demo unit a couple days ago but it did not have the tornado tip.

What would it be sans tip? on other models it seems to add 155 cfm. So 863 cfmish?

My dealer said it will be avail in January, looks like the hip mounted throttle is the one avail in March.

I'm not fond of the extended length tube to incorporate the nozzle, looks rather cumbersome especially in tight areas.

I would also rather see a machine thats capable of those numbers on brute force alone. With what's available now, it appears the performance levels have almost plateaued and the top 4 blowers are very close in overall performance with the slight edge to the big 900 CFM units.

I feel the BR700, EBZ8500, 580 BTS are all very capable and would suit most needs very well.

However I truly believe there's a market for high end models, and people don't mind paying a little extra for them. I can't imagine it's very hard to manufacture, or use a current larger engine, larger blower, larger tubes, to generate big time airflow numbers.

Would it be more $$$, you bet. There are people who use Stihl 880's, Husky 3120's, drive ZR1's Vipers and AMG 63's. Make a big blower and someone will buy it, probably alot more than some think. Surely R&D has a cost but it's a safe bet they would sell...why hold out, we're not getting any younger, leaves are still falling.

My husqvarna 560bts has the same power as a br600 but is cheaper and easier to maintain. Better straps and weighs same as a br600 as well.

Still no guesses on the brand. It's not Makita like some of you thought.

Mayurmana??
(edit) Guessed before reading that it was.
Have the small blower and vac handheld but which I could MM and retune it.

Sent from West Coast AUS

Need a better clean up blower for tree(and hedge/lawn) service then the bg86 and maruyama bl3210

Just grabbed a br500 from the swap meet for $80 will clean and run tomorrow, should I drop it off to the dealer for a valve check??

I have been looking at these previously even just for the fractional price tag, 2 stroke engine and will do service myself
What about blowers like these ebay models. Do any look like the redmax or clone models

$319 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-MTM-...rcial-2-Stroke-Garden-Yard-Hand-/131725910427
$269 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-MTM-...088065?hash=item58d5bd7fc1:g:BegAAOSwx2dYCzr0

$999 for the br600/br700/570bts
http://www.husqvarna.com/au/products/blowers/
http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...s-and-Mistblowers/01578/Backpack-Blowers.aspx

Sent from West Coast AUS

Need a better clean up blower for tree(and hedge/lawn) service then the bg86 and maruyama bl3210

Just grabbed a br500 from the swap meet for $80 will clean and run tomorrow, should I drop it off to the dealer for a valve check??

I have been looking at these previously even just for the fractional price tag, 2 stroke engine and will do service myself
What about blowers like these ebay models. Do any look like the redmax or clone models

$319 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-MTM-...rcial-2-Stroke-Garden-Yard-Hand-/131725910427
$269 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-MTM-...088065?hash=item58d5bd7fc1:g:BegAAOSwx2dYCzr0

$999 for the br600/br700/570bts
http://www.husqvarna.com/au/products/blowers/
http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...s-and-Mistblowers/01578/Backpack-Blowers.aspx

Sent from West Coast AUS

You can buy the kit and do it yourself. Very easy process.

I have two redmax ebz 7500 and couldn't be more happy with them. IMO the new BR 700 is a total cop out. Push the CFM over the redmax 8500 by 4 cfm while dropping the MPH down by 40 and call it a win? yeah right. The weights are basically the same too...2 pounds out of 24...either way they are not light but also not all that hard to wear. The 7500 blows so well and the ground scour is phenomenal. At this point I'm convinced that the 4 mix is an inferior product, you can see that they're movign away from it as we speak. Time to make way for the ARASHI.
If you haven't compared them side by side using quantifiable/scientific testing methods then you don't know what your talking about. Cfm and air speed should be measured at the end of the nozzle, not the elbow. If it doesn't say then it was probably tested at the elbow for better numbers, aka hype and BS.

Now my opinion. the overall design and ergonomics matter. I don't personally like the air filtration design on the husky or red max units looks like a cheap after thought that is 3 times more likely to suck dirt (which we we have a lot of around here), and break off the first time something drops on it. Hate the cheap bolt on gas tanks too in favor of the Stihl design and the air filter is tucked away and protected without the stupid snorkel. So I bought a br 600. Love it. I'm sure the others are good chevy vs ford run what you want. BTW around here commercial outfits run Stihl mostly.

If you haven't compared them side by side using quantifiable/scientific testing methods then you don't know what your talking about. Cfm and air speed should be measured at the end of the nozzle, not the elbow. If it doesn't say then it was probably tested at the elbow for better numbers, aka hype and BS.

Now my opinion. the overall design and ergonomics matter. I don't personally like the air filtration design on the husky or red max units looks like a cheap after thought that is 3 times more likely to suck dirt (which we we have a lot of around here), and break off the first time something drops on it. Hate the cheap bolt on gas tanks too in favor of the Stihl design and the air filter is tucked away and protected without the stupid snorkel. So I bought a br 600. Love it. I'm sure the others are good chevy vs ford run what you want. BTW around here commercial outfits run Stihl mostly.

Do you think that the big silver stack canister air filters on a westernstar 4900 truck look like a cheap afterthought?

Re the air numbers: Stihl, RM, Husky and everyone else now specify air at tube vs air at elbow. Unlike for push blowers, there is now a standard testing convention for BP blowers so the whole oh they tested it differently argument doesn't really hold up. You can go on youtube and watch videos of the guys who make PVC pipe towers with balls or whatever in them and watch how high the balls go...the RM 7500 outperforms the BR 600 and the 8500 definitely outperforms the BR 600. I hear what you are saying on the BR 600 and 700 being more sealed, finished looking units whereas you could see a redmax as looking a little bit more cobbled...it's also a priorities type thing. They could wrap the whole thing in a plastic shroud if they wanted to.

I'll also say I care more about the performance and reliability of the equipment. I have two pieces of 4-mix equipment out of 20+ pieces of other outdoor power equip and they are by far the most problematic, tempermental units that I have. I wish I could get a redmax powerhead or at least just a stihl strato power head to run all the kombi stuff I have because I have 5+ attachments for the KM-90 powerhead I have.

I just see the BR 700 as being a cop out as the weight now approaches the weight of the redmax units despite everyone praising the BR 600 for being a whole two pounds lighter, they managed to beat the CFM numbers on the top redmax by 4 cfm (omg) yet they dropped the MPH by 40 mph but somehow everyone who bleeds melted creamsickle is suddenly beating the CFM drum.

Back