What's the future for wood furnaces and stoves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big is your house?
Long-time a go we used a Longwood furnace in the shop (cheap buy),was complete, only used wood it it.
Now,it kept the shop warm,but it really went thru some wood.Found a energy king to replace it with,world of difference in wood consumption between the 2.
I like forced air,instead of boilers.Just what I grew up with,my BILL has a boiler,granted he has all the hot water he'd ever need,but his wood consumption is 3 times as high as ours for some reason?
Our furnace sits in the shop,then it's also capable of heating the house,never use my heat strips on electric furnace.
That being said,it did take a year of heating to get this thing figured out.

My house is 1700sqft and a ranch. My neighbor burns the same amount of wood as me in his old farm house with a stove and I never see that thing smoke. He told me he rarely uses his oil heat. I heat half the time with my furnace and use just as much wood. It would be a good garage furnace for occasional use.

As I was doing some research on these ashley/clayton EPA furnaces I saw that they blow air past the ash pan and it got me thinking. When I had the door open on my furnace as it was starting to burn the blower came on and the flames got all violent like a cracked heat exchanger but I dont have one of those. The ash pan is on the bottom and I bet it leaks by when the blower kicks on and that's y even with the air choked off it still burns like crazy.

I could never close the flue damper because it poured smoke out so of the stove pipe so something is fueling it and it's not draft. My chimney is 15 feet tall.

Well that's that I purchased an englander 28-4000. It was 28 degrees out and I loaded the furnace twice in an hour in a half. I went from 64 to 68 and now I'm cold again. Luckily mr. Trump gave me a nice tax return this year with 2 kids and an ok income. Our governor Cuomo was not as nice but o well hopefully I will get more burn time out of all this ash that I have dieing. My main goal is to stop collecting pallets to burn with my hard wood for some sort of heat, I'm sick of it I just want to cut wood and heat my house. I have always wanted a stove since I grew up with a fire place but I dont have a space for a stove so now I have a stove with a blower into my duct. I do this HVAC install stuff every day so no big deal to get it all set up.

The wife said I can't buy anything else since I got my tractor in the fall and now my furnace. Lol. I'm not the sitting on the couch type.

Well that's that I purchased an englander 28-4000. It was 28 degrees out and I loaded the furnace twice in an hour in a half. I went from 64 to 68 and now I'm cold again. Luckily mr. Trump gave me a nice tax return this year with 2 kids and an ok income. Our governor Cuomo was not as nice but o well hopefully I will get more burn time out of all this ash that I have dieing. My main goal is to stop collecting pallets to burn with my hard wood for some sort of heat, I'm sick of it I just want to cut wood and heat my house. I have always wanted a stove since I grew up with a fire place but I dont have a space for a stove so now I have a stove with a blower into my duct. I do this HVAC install stuff every day so no big deal to get it all set up.

The wife said I can't buy anything else since I got my tractor in the fall and now my furnace. Lol. I'm not the sitting on the couch type.

Very excited to here how it goes for you and see pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your going to like that England furnace. I love mine a 28 3500 model.
I got mine from HD because of the shipping to my home. Lowe's sells the same furnace named summer heat but wanted me to pay shipping to the store then pick it up there to bring home.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back