whats the largest size unsplit wood you should burn in the in door fireplace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
whats the largest pcs of un split wood log to safetly buen in thew in doo fireplace

When my wife and I worked shift work, we would have on hand a piece to put in when we worked night shift. We call them “11-7 logs”. Since we would be gone for 10 hours, we needed something slow burning to catch up when we got home in the morning.

Woodmaster was sued when a person loaded a large piece and pinched one of his fingers off. Now it has a label stating it is a pinch point and only handle pieces you can easily lift. Local dealer closed shop over it. American way, no personal responsibility.

i use a pallet jack to get the 500lb log to the fireplace than i roll it in the fireplace
first make a roring fire

We keep some “night logs” about 12” diameter that barely fit in the door of mine. They don’t burn very good, but go all night. A better plan is usually to load it up normal an hour before bed and then load some normal size green wood on top of it at bed time.

Back