What's the skinny on a Stihl 034?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, All - I've got a chance to pick up an 034, about 10 yrs. old, runs good, cuts good (so he says - I haven't seen it yet), new bar and chain. I can't find any specs for it on the net. Can anyone give me the specs and reputation of this saw? TIA.

Lance

Good saw, tough and better than new Stihl of the same c.c., despite what anyone says here. Remember them from working on the r.o.w. years ago. Not a Husky, but still a decent saw.

Thanks, Guys - I think if the saw runs good and smooth, cuts good, I'm not gonna go wrong for $150. Anyone know how big the engine is, how much HP, what's it weigh, max RPM, best size bar / type of chain to run?

lancer said:
Thanks, Guys - I think if the saw runs good and smooth, cuts good, I'm not gonna go wrong for $150. Anyone know how big the engine is, how much HP, what's it weigh, max RPM, best size bar / type of chain to run?

If it runs good $150 is good. A new Stihl 20" bar and chain is $45 so $105 for the powerhead is decent.

Bill

lancer said:
56.5 cc's; 3.0kw/4.1hp; max 13000rpm.
For more info, take a look at thompson1600's web page (service manual and IPL).
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=22076

Back