What's you favorite "Beater Saw"???Pics?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually throw one of the 500s into the box on the truck at the start of hunting season.
489445f7e09d2dd393e84c31bfc347b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice older Shindy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As far as my 4 wheeling, back roading, camping and even loaner saw goes it’s a little MS170. I can’t kill it. I even straight gased it once (on purpose in a bad situation) and it will still work through 14” of hardwood like it did when new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A beater saw? Loaner no way I don’t loan saws but if any non husky owner wanted to demo mine in the field I’ve done that before with me of course.

The 2100 would rest till the big wood came and the 266SE became my go to saw.

The Echo 490 that I bought new for 225, or the red version Shindaiwa 491s that I got used for 140 would be the saws that would get the call for anything hazardous. The 490's first use was flush cutting a couple of stumps.
The 491 would be something that I'd leave at camp I guess.
20181219_091437.jpg
Another saw (if I ever get around to gettin it running right) that could take a lickin and not look any worse for wear, would be the old Craftsman 2.3 Solid State. It's like a tiny tank.
20190221_141629.jpg
I'd rather abuse the 372 than I would either the 3400 or 3500 Poulan.

I have 2 of those too that I beat the hell out of trying to kill them so I can tell the wife I need more saws, damn things won't die.

I have a 1981 Honda CB750 with this exact problem - bought it to rebuild it 12 years ago. Still waiting for it to die.

The lower end is getting noisy - we may be close ..........

My go-to beater saw? My $35 delivered-to-my-door Earthquake 45cc. Starts and runs every time. Total POS ..... I love it.

I have a 1981 Honda CB750 with this exact problem - bought it to rebuild it 12 years ago. Still waiting for it to die.

The lower end is getting noisy - we may be close ..........

My goto beater saw? My $35 delivered-to-my-door Earthquake 45cc. Starts and runs every time. Total POS ..... I love it.
I was just given an unknown condition husky 268 in need of parts including a starter fired it up with a drill snd it's s crisp responive screemer, I've a feeling it's gonnna be my nee favourite beeter.

Darnz, that 268 is my old reliable and it goes where my truck and I go....got one several years ago in trade for work, needed some work but in the end it takes on much of the ranch work I do. Be sure to stay away from the cheap "husky" chains {sold at lowes} that have the "nubbed rakes", their difficult to file down as you sharpen your chain, I stick with Oregon chains myself for my "Husky-machines"

Back