What's you favorite "Beater Saw"???Pics?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darnz, that 268 is my old reliable and it goes where my truck and I go....got one several years ago in trade for work, needed some work but in the end it takes on much of the ranch work I do. Be sure to stay away from the cheap "husky" chains {sold at lowes} that have the "nubbed rakes", their difficult to file down as you sharpen your chain, I stick with Oregon chains myself for my "Husky-machines"
Thanks for the tip, alway run oregon or carlton full comp, shindaiwa is my "good" saw for when I need to have nice reliable saw, that usually runs a 36" for big cuts and pulls it surprisingly well, anything else I usually throw a beater at it and thrash it.

First Battalion, Eight Infantry Regiment (Bullets), Fourth Division

Thank You Sir, my Da' was was in country 1963 Mekong Advisor , 1965 {173 AB} ,1968 {2/47 9th Div}
Older Brothers with 3rd Marines Con Thien 1967-68 & 101st AB Firebase Ripcord Central Highlands 1969-70

i've got a very special place in my heart for Nam-Vets
Thank You for your service !

Unfortunately all my saws end up being beaters. So far the only thing I have that’s not been rode hard and put up wet is my craftsman 3.7 that I ported.
32F5F02C-F369-4B5A-8494-0DEEF16DD858.jpeg
Don’t let the new plastics and rear handle on the 440 fool you, there’s a reason they are new! I actually drug a tree over it today and jacked up my dang fancy stickers and scratched the plastic pretty deep.
95B097AE-1BE8-40DF-A12E-C835CBAC358F.jpeg
14F508DD-E5DB-4BD1-9C8E-9EEBB331FDCA.jpeg

Back