What's YOUR Holy Grail Vintage Chainsaw List?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's headed to some guy named Floyd in Montana. Since there are only like 20 people who live in Montana anyway, maybe you've heard of him? :D
Name sounds familiar I will have to ask my nearest neighbor 20 miles up the road if he knows him.

Not long ago I wrapped my hands around one of my personal holy grail saws, a sand cast Lightning. We don't often find 'perfect' examples with the rare ones, and this one is not perfect. On my wish list is that it hadn't been restored/repainted and that it had the correct early recoil cover plate with the FM logo stamped into the center. However, I couldn't be happier with it and the fact that I got the opportunity to own it!

Just in case anyone is harboring one that needs a new home, Scott hit the nail on the head above by pointing out that I would certainly like to get my grubby mitts on an 090G Stone Saw!!!

Very cool Beau- that is one sweet ride...

Very nice! The Italian saws that I like have eluded me so far. Still looking for a Landoni L110 and a Castor or Alpina 120.

Scott

I'll bet I can help with an Alpina 120...

@NewToStihl - I was in Morocco last week and recalled that I had promised to find you something. But I somehow got confused; I remembered you wanted a cobra, but now I'm thinking it was a Contra. Whatever the case, if you want me to mail you a few cobras, I'll get them packed up and headed your way...
IMG_1061.jpg IMG_1051.jpg

@NewToStihl - I was in Morocco last week and recalled that I had promised to find you something. But I somehow got confused; I remembered you wanted a cobra, but now I'm thinking it was a Contra. Whatever the case, if you want me to mail you a few cobras, I'll get them packed up and headed your way...
View attachment 612399 View attachment 612400

Oh my! That's a bit of a harrowing experience I'm not sure I'd have the rocks for...

Big fan of Cobras; not the slithering kind, but rather the four-wheeled kind that might more appropriately fit your hobby back home!

Latest posts

Back