What's YOUR Holy Grail Vintage Chainsaw List?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this one have an auto oiler? All the blue Echos I have come across so far have a manual oiler, the orange ones have an automatic oiling system. Echo changed the model designation with the change in color/features - the CS60 (manual), for example, became the CS60S (auto+manual). The CS80 never changed color, I believe. The CS100 did while keeping the model name.

Does this one have an auto oiler? All the blue Echos I have come across so far have a manual oiler, the orange ones have an automatic oiling system. Echo changed the model designation with the change in color/features - the CS60 (manual), for example, became the CS60S (auto+manual). The CS80 never changed color, I believe. The CS100 did while keeping the model name.
Mine has a manual oiler. It's on the left side of the handle

Your CS100 (as the blue ones in other collectors' hands in the US) was produced for overseas - the starter cover lingo is in alphabets. The old blue Echos sold in Japan feature Japanese letters, and starting from the orange era the writing on the starter was in alphabets...
CS80 (late, white top)
IMG_4409.jpg
CS80 (early, red top) - no number here as this was their very first saw and only ECHO at that time...
EchoCS-80-1.jpg
This is one in between - blue starter plate but white top
140_4085.jpg

CS60
IMG_4482.jpg

Your CS100 (as the blue ones in other collectors' hands in the US) was produced for overseas - the starter cover lingo is in alphabets. The old blue Echos sold in Japan feature Japanese letters, and starting from the orange era the writing on the starter was in alphabets...
CS80 (late, white top)
View attachment 614827
CS80 (early, red top) - no number here as this was their very first saw and only ECHO at that time...
View attachment 614829
This is one in between - blue starter plate but white top
View attachment 614830

CS60
View attachment 614828
Very nice. Those are some saws you won't see over here I'm guessing.

Nice Champ, I also inherited one this year. Good to see some
coming into the states. Not an easy saw to find.

Thanks Lee. Chased one of these for a good bit of time. I saw that you got one not long ago as well. Sounded like it may be a winter project for you - I'm hoping to make this one a runner during the cold months as well.

Back