When a saw starts to rattle...do you stop or send it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 458 too, prices have flipped last i looked..50 less than 458.

I get some full house loads from Steinl Ammo for the 458...great round

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Usually it was black butterfly for me. I reload for it now. So I'm $1.25 ish on new brass, a round. Closer to $.079 for second round brass. Still playing with powders so the cost varies a bit. I'd like to pick up a 50 beo upper one of these days. Have a few lowers laying about that need finished up.... too many projects lol.

I just got a side charger 350legend upper...saving for glass now

When I have oiler issues with my 600 series saws I run some kerosene through the pickup port on the pump using the manual button and working the auto piston to clean out the internals and test the operation. If you get kero to pump through the outlet port with both the manual and auto, the pump is probably fine. Next try to run a small wire or compressed air through the pickup and outlet passages on the saw to clear out any obstructions. This should cover the main bases.
I've had good luck with these oil pumps and appreciate their compact, simple design and are easy to access and work on.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

When I have oiler issues with my 600 series saws I run some kerosene through the pickup port on the pump using the manual button and working the auto piston to clean out the internals and test the operation. If you get kero to pump through the outlet port with both the manual and auto, the pump is probably fine. Next try to run a small wire or compressed air through the pickup and outlet passages on the saw to clear out any obstructions. This should cover the main bases.
I've had good luck with these oil pumps and appreciate their compact, simple design and are easy to access and work on.

I had the saw completely apart, blew through both ports both directions and put on a new pickup hose. What I've got in it now is a blend of sae30 and dexron6...its pretty thin.

Started to tear down my parts saw for cleanup and bag/tag...heck of a good clutch on these things. 3.5" drum
e74ae7b7e8da63f392a400fa4ad74a0b.jpg
76e3f5298133a8312b1589dbdb8adc78.jpg

yeah I'm working on a couple Macs, all 610s and one Timber Bear - the one that runs oils well but I have heard it is a weak point. Yeah if any of mine don't like to play ball i'll try diesel or kerosene in there mixed with bar oil. but then again i have multiple parts saws.

they do sound crazy, I like it, but loud. Took the spark arrestor screen off since it was caked and it has a very distinct sound.

Ebay mac oiler came in the other day, bolted on and it oils great now both manually and the auto oiler.

When a noise starts up that doesn't belong in any piece of equipment, I shut it down and find out why. The most extreme opposite of this happened to a co-workers wife, she drove a flat tire right off of the rim on the highway and pulled into the driveway on a ruined bare rim. Her response, "oh, so that's why it was pulling a little to one side".:crazy:

Ebay mac oiler came in the other day, bolted on and it oils great now both manually and the auto oiler.

Great news! Time to get the TimberBear in some wood and give it a good workout.

Latest posts

Back