When do new saws typically hit the US? MS400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsayen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,

Based on someone's comment about the MS400 being a potentially good option for a second saw to pair with the 261, I started searching the web looking around at them and agree they look nice. How long does it typically take for Stihl to bring a saw like this to the US market, based on history? Any insight?

The 038 magnum ll is still made but in the form of (ms380) and it is a euro saw not in the states. It's supposed to be a 72cc just like the good ol 038 mag ll.... I don't care what anyone says... I like those saws
The 028 and 038 were about as reliable as an anvil. The newer saws outperform them by quite a bit though.

The 028 and 038 were about as reliable as an anvil. The newer saws outperform them by quite a bit though.
I remember once when I worked for a Husky dealer, and the owner had purchased an old anvil, and had it in the shop showing it off. I walked up and looked at it and said, "Sum' biatch is wore out"...and walked out of the shop.
I peeked back in to watch them stand around it and try to figure out what I was talking about. It was actually wore out, but it was still funny to watch the discussion.

Well considering the MS400 is already mentioned on the Stihl USA website and has been priced in USD I'd imagine you will see it arrive sometime this year. Given the fluctuation of exchange rates and the fact that companies do not usually commit to pricing more than 12 months out it makes sense it may appear this summer. See the following from their website:

1611288325659.png
Introducing the STIHL MS 400 C-M1 Gasoline-Powered Chain Saw
Designed for the most demanding tree care and forestry professionals, the STIHL MS 400 C-M has a magnesium alloy piston, a first in the chain saw industry. This magnesium alloy piston provides 13 percent greater displacement2, increased power and more torque without adding additional weight. This chain saw also includes STIHL M-Tronic™engine technology to deliver low-emission, fuel-efficient performance under all operating conditions. Its lifetime HD2 air filter means you simply clean it instead of replacing it, while a pre-separation system removes large debris before it even gets to the air filter, thus increasing run time between cleanings.

MSRP: $869.99 w/ 20” guide bar and chain3

1Pictured above with optional lightweight guide bar.

2As compared to the STIHL MS 362 C-M.

3Prices may vary and are subject to change.

SpecificationsMS 400 C-M
Displacement66.8 cc (4.1 in.3)
Engine Power4.0 kW (5.4 bhp)
Weight 5.8 kg (12.8 lbs)
Fuel capacity 600 cc (20.3 oz)
Oil Capacity325 cc (11 oz)
Guide Bar Length40 to 63 cm (16” to 25”)

Yeah I have an ms 460 that is great and a brand new ms661 and they're so reliable. I love em. But I swear I love those old ones just as much. I have an old McCulloch pro Mac 700 (70cc) that is a cutter too. The old stuff didn't play around..

I would like to look at the 881 in person. I'd say its gonna have alot of the characteristics or have the same sorta "lines" as the 462. I like that new look but I don't think we are gonna like the quality (EPA garbage parts ect) at least not without a little bit of personalized mechanical persuasion. Or who knows stihl may have it figured out by now it's been awhile since Mtronic has been on market and they have had time to tweak it. I've heard of alot of trouble with the 1st ms 201T saws but it got worked out I guess.. I'll say this.. my 661 (with Mtronic) has been awesome. I haven't had to do anything but fill it with gas (often) it's loves gas

I'm gonna get ahold of that girl that was on tv one time saying that she can time travel, I'm gonna give her a few thousand dollars and send her back to 2002 and have her buy me a few brand new 200T saws at a Stihl dealer then send her back to 1970 and give her $4,000 to buy me a 1970 plymouth barracuda brand new at mopar dealer and when she brings them back I'll sell the cuda for $300,000 and keep the saws. Can I get an amen

I'm gonna get ahold of that girl that was on tv one time saying that she can time travel, I'm gonna give her a few thousand dollars and send her back to 2002 and have her buy me a few brand new 200T saws at a Stihl dealer then send her back to 1970 and give her $4,000 to buy me a 1970 plymouth barracuda brand new at mopar dealer and when she brings them back I'll sell the cuda for $300,000 and keep the saws. Can I get an amen

Just send her back two weeks, with enough money for a lottery ticket and have her select last weeks winning numbers.
Bigger pay out and you can buy all the toys you wanted.

Latest posts

Back