When do you noodle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noodle towards the roots tip down until I get close to the ground then tip up....just did this the other day with about 20 thirty inch rounds of oak.......I'm not an expert though, just like doing it.

Sent via mental telepathy

Nope, number 4 will get you the longest possible chips, and highest chance of clogging the clutch cover. Slowly rocking the bar from about 15 deg. nose-down to nose-up will keep the chips (noodles) much shorter. Of course, you have to keep an eye on the whole bar, lest you hit a nasty. :cool:
My clutch cover don't plug
View attachment 341832 If your going to noodle, and to make the job go faster, you need to get rid of the noodles without digging them out. They get hung up in the clutch cover and the chain catcher, so this is what you need, maybe not EPA or OSHA approved but it works. You can pick a spare cover up on e-bay for cheap if you don't have one. This little 361 throws noodles 18' behind the saw (tape measured because I was so shocked) and makes neat pile.

Back