ArboristSite.com Sponsors

When you miss your anniversary

Gaudaost

Gaudaost

Addicted to ArboristSite
I woke up and checked my phone to see a message from my mum

6F70660C-9426-4067-B4AC-8B2E0BB6E15D.jpeg

You know that sinking feeling of dread and how you wish you had already washed the sheets to the dog house? You know you’re gunna be in there for quite some time...

As if that wasn’t bad enough, when I asked if she had forgotten she said no...

Reluctantly I asked “you haven’t got anything for me though have you...”

Silence...

Ahhhhh bugger...

Shortly thereafter the door bell rings and I get a hand delivered package...

4E6069C6-5DF6-49F7-8C21-FFB9435B70C7.jpeg 5CDD7767-43CA-4924-8673-1F527246B32A.jpeg

Unsure as to whether to be excited or guilt ridden we tucked into breakfast together and all in all had a lovely day. She’s so easy going and just laughed it off saying “I knew you’d forget, your mum kind of ruined the surprise!”

None the less, it just so happens that Sunday is Valentine’s Day and no way was I forgetting that too.

I went to the shops and found some lovely containers, sweets, face mask and bath bomb, a nice card and some delicious looking alcohol. Some frilly decoration and brown paper and it’s complete.
BD8077A8-D19D-4059-AE4A-D561CC1B345C.jpeg

edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
My wife and I both tend to forget our anniversary...but it cost me big this year. I know what the date is, I just never realize that "today" is the date when it rolls around.

It cost me big this year. By coincidence I had asked her about laptop/tablet preferences the night before because I was thinking ahead to Christmas...so once I got the reminder from my mom, I just told my wife that my plan was to get her the laptop for our anniversary, but I needed her to make the final decision on the models I had narrowed it down to.

Easily 10-20 times more than I usually spend. Probably haven't learned my lesson though...

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
Kinda lucky in that regard. My anniversary the same date as a monster hurricane that happened the very weekend of my wedding so once the weather forecasters start the memory lane reports of "the big one" every year, that's my reminder. And her birthday is the day after Valentines.

so in that regard, I guess i really have no excuse if i forget. :laugh:

Gaudaost

Gaudaost

Addicted to ArboristSite
Kinda lucky in that regard. My anniversary the same date as a monster hurricane that happened the very weekend of my wedding so once the weather forecasters start the memory lane reports of "the big one" every year, that's my reminder. And her birthday is the day after Valentines.

so in that regard, I guess i really have no excuse if i forget. :laugh:
You’d really be in the dog house if you forgot hahah

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
I'm not so good about these things either. I don't usually forget, but I'm pretty stupid in the gift area. Flowers, chocolate, and earrings seem to be too cliche, and after years of giving her those, I decided it was time for a change, so thought about what I would want as a gift. Not good.

When your wife has blood sugar issues and is pregnant and can't eat any sugar at all, it's not wise to get her a box of doughnuts, even if they are Krispy Kreme.
Yeah, that was a bad gift that I still haven't lived down, and my kids remember it well.

But at least it gets me a box of Krispy Kreme from my daughter every year! :dancing: :havingarest:

Wife's birthday was two days ago. I got her some flowers and a bunch of fruit - blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and some dried apricots. I know she likes that kind of thing, and she was very pleased indeed. I'd better stick with the old standby after all.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Hard to forget our anniversary because we take a trip to the coast every year to celebrate. Except for last year the China flu killed that trip. Sucks because it was our 15th. Damn near forgot valentines though. I was cooking breakfast this morning when it donned on me. So I quickly turned off the burners and jammed to the store for flowers and a card only to find I wasn’t the only guy today with that problem lol. Good thing I’m an early riser and she sleeps in.

bullseye13

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
Don't ever forget it!! Lol
I was running ragged fixing her house and both cars last year and we went away for our anniversary to my parents cabin (where I was also doing work). I forgot a card. Short sighted, I know. But don't forget, it don't matter how much time you give, or how much money you save, it never replaces a hallmark and/or flowers, because that's what really counts. :)

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Man I don't think I have gotten/given anything for anniversary. May have to get something fun this year. She got me a Ostrich skin wallet with the date we got married on it so I won't forget. Took me about 3 years to "remember" there was a date on there.

She is awesome and gave me 2 kids. Isn't material at all and I work hard to keep her comfortable. Will see if she needs another gun tho.....did that actually on a couple occasions and she lovers her Smith n Wesson M&P pistol!!!

She isn't big on sweets, flowers, likes some jewelry.