Where are all the old regulars ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Where are the regulars who were here when I joined a couple of years ago?

Guys, like Gypo-Logger, fish, dozer dan etc. too many to remember and name.

Do I count as a regular? I sort of wandered off. Didn't know anything about new saw models and the Canadian inside jokes got hard to stomach after a while.

John in MA said:
Do I count as a regular? I sort of wandered off. Didn't know anything about new saw models and the Canadian inside jokes got hard to stomach after a while.

John,

Have you found anymore 111's ? I have one sitting here that I need to use just to see how it runs.

Bill

Well, I sure miss Rocky J Squillel, Dozerdan, Dennis Greffard, Jokers and Gypo Logger (he is still posting, but seldom in "chainsaw" these days). I also miss Tundraotto and Huskyman!

Glens, Rich, and Stihltech is still with us. Thank you! :)

Members come and members go. It is not the end of the world, merely the evolution of a website. The next RJS could join up today.

SawTroll said:
Well, I sure miss Rocky J Squillel, Dozerdan, Dennis Greffard, Jokers and Gypo Logger (he is still posting, but seldom in "chainsaw" these days). I also miss Tundraotto and Huskyman!

Glens, Rich, and Stihltech is still with us. Thank you! :)

DITTO !

Not to mean all the rest here are not pleasant, fun and knowledgable.

I miss many of the old member also. I am like SawTroll in that I have been watching this site for quite a while but have only recently started posting much. Did some of the old members find a new playground or do they just have other things to do?

John in MA said:
Canadian inside jokes got hard to stomach after a while.

A lot better than George W's Weapons of Mass Destruction rhetoric.

Lobo said:
A lot better than George W's Weapons of Mass Destruction rhetoric.

And did you see much of that posted on chainsaw, or by me? I was referring to stuff taking over the board. Everyone knows what I mean.

Bill G said:
John,

Have you found anymore 111's ? I have one sitting here that I need to use just to see how it runs.

Bill

No more 111s in the collection. I think I got the only one native to the east coast. It's a fun saw to run but doesn't have a lot of snort for its huge size and displacement.

The "regulars" have probably gotten tired of all of the back biting and bickering and have left as a result. Just my thoughts.

I think a forum such as this is constantly changing, for better and worse.
There is a few missed and a few that I actually do not miss.

This is just "another episode of the day's of our chainsaw life's".

On we go to bigger and better things!

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance...

Interesting thread to somebody who just joined a few months ago like myself. I keep hearing about this Rocky J Squirrel... gosh I feel like I'm being teased, I wanna MEET this guy now :dizzy: I keep hearing about how management changed and guys leaving because of it... other than not letting us post threads from other forums, have no clue what this means. Changed from what to what? Havn't been here long enough to know of course, so again, kindof a tease, a mystery.

I think a forum, aside from good honest information and tons of great links, which you can find in abundance here, and for which I originally joined, is like a local tavern. Full of the local color, all shapes and sizes. Sensitive types that strut out the door as soon as they've been challenged... "might makes right" types who just like to bully their way around, maybe because they know no other way. Professors, math and physics junkies, computer gurus, funny guys, way way serious guys, guys that just HAVE to be understood, WAY laid back types, and some not, who are always looking for the pecking order. Disagreements come up just like in a tavern. Read back through some OFF THE TOPIC threads for an hour and get a slice. Right wing, left wind (did I spell that wrong?), moderate... all at the same table, but not all having the same kind of beer :) Will I be here 6 months or a year from now? Hope so... don't know... probably not every day as now... things pick up for most of us up in northern parts when weather gets better. For now I DON'T get tired of the "MS361 vs 372" threads... he11 I'm new enough I wouldn't mind another round of mix ratio wars. I still like hearing what people think about stuff that interests me... if those threads do get old, will skip those... simple as that. But as long as it's here, will probably always pop in once in a while and bore you with more milling pics :p

"Rocky the Squirrel", RJS, or even the handle he used before that harbored a man not afraid to speak his mind. He would call a spade a spade in a heartbeat and not care if it hurt anyones feelings. Suffering fools was not in his list of abilities either. You either loved or hated Rocky. Depending on what side of the fence you sat on. He seemingly stopped posting after being banned after the hurricanes last summer. I don't remember what the banning was over just that he and MB were going at it pretty hard. I think it was over MB's use of smilles that finally drove him over the edge. He's probably in a padded room somewhere saying " no more smiles", "no more smiles", "no more smiles",........ :p

Latest posts

Back