Where could I get the most money for a saw I dont want?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt183728

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Im looking to sell an ms 271 and an old 028. I have no idea where to sell them, the dealer said sell outright but craigslist has deemed useless. Any suggestions?

Where I am we have Kijiji ( same as craigslist more or less ) I suggest you clean them up good, pick a fair selling price and just be patient. Harry homeowner will pay you more for the 271 as it is still current and then someone in the know will scoop up your 028. Just remember a saw is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Pick your minimum price for each as your opening bid, figure $25 bucks shipping and list them on EBay. Stihl is a good seller. Can't hurt to try.

Thanks for all the responses, im new here so im suprised it is so quick. Im still not 100% on selling the 271 but the 028 I am. I will try Let Go, my uncle has had luck with that. ive heard Ebay has a selling fee, not sure how much but thats not my first pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig's List has always been good for me......up until as of late. For whatever reason, it's been real slow sales wise. I have seven items listed and not one single call.

But, it's free and I'm in no real hurry. E-Bay has become expensive and it's a hassle to ship stuff. I still buy from E-Bay, but it's been a real long while since I sold anything on it.

If you have Facebook, you can try their Marketplace. It's free, local, easy to use, and allows you to pull back the curtain of anonymity of CL just a bit (you can see each other's FB profile) which makes for a little more trust (and maybe a couple more $) in the transaction. I love it as a buyer and as a seller

I posted my 051av on CL. Not a call for a month, then 4 in a week. Some guy and his wife showed up, she started it up, made a cut in a piece of wood and handed me $500. No questions asked. Couldnt have been easier. I do get chiselers too. Low ballers AND they want ME to drive 2 hours to deliver the saw to them. It gets old.

Lots of people here and on the facebook group have CAD.. you just have to find THAT buyer

after the nightmares I hear about ebay, you might be paying someone to take it by the time the dust settles

There's also a marketplace here on Arboristsite, as well as a couple chainsaw sales groups on facebook

What is this chainsaw sales group you speak of on FB??? Have I missed out on another group of folks who would be willing serve as enablers for my CAD???

I've sold two saws on craigslist in the last week (Jonsered 2159 and mint John Deere 50V) they were clean, well tuned and I was not trying to squeeze every dime out of them. I see saws on craigslist in my area all the time with stupid money asking prices.

I've also had good luck selling on this site but again with fair asking prices. If you want top dollar then ebay latter in the year and take your chances, also figure in 15% off the top for listing and pp fees.

Also note 028's are not bringing the money they were a few years ago so adjust accordingly.

It's a whip cracking universe out there!

Tim

my price on the 028 was $300 with a spare 16" and 18" bar. It came with 6 spare chains. Does this seem resonable?

Latest posts

Back