Where to buy clutch removal tool

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 149229

Looking to buy a clutch removal tool for an Echo 590, also a piston stop. Baily’s, Randy’s Small Engine, ....??? Just looking for recommendations, not sure of part numbers so I want to make sure that who I order them from knows the correct parts to ship. Thanks.

I shoved a pickle fork in mine. With a piston stop in and big screwdriver in the fork. I was able to break it loose. Not too bad.

Cut a socket with an angle grinder to use on 1/2 inch impact.
With my luck, I’ll spend $10 to hopefully avoid problems. Probably should shut my mouth but here’s my luck. 30 minutes ago I saw a spider on the ceiling, I hate spiders. Run to the kitchen a grab a paper towel and run back in the living room. Jump up on the couch never taking into consideration the ceiling fan that was running. Just got the bleeding stopped! :surprised3: I’ll use a factory tool, can’t even run a paper towel tonight.

5. Install piston stopper 897537-30130 in spark
plug hole to stop crankshaft rotation.
6. Rotate clutch assembly clockwise by hand until
it cannot be rotated further.
7. Loosen clutch assembly (Left-hand thread) rotating
clockwise with clutch tool 897505-16133
and remove it.
NOTE: Do not use power tools. Otherwise, piston
damage may occur.
http://www.sawagain.com/echo-cs-370...0-clutch-puller-removal-tool-new-89750516133/

And for those of you that aren’t sure of the power of a ceiling fan, kinda like underestimating that 30cc Saw.

Attachments

• 58461411-6693-4CDD-8AA2-1FEBACC645BF.jpeg
    58461411-6693-4CDD-8AA2-1FEBACC645BF.jpeg
    984.4 KB · Views: 14
Its kinda silly echo don't specify those clutches be made with either grooves that will accept a punch or scrench so you can tap them with a hammer like the Husky ones or have a small hex extension that would accept a 19mm-3/4" socket. I've sacrificed a plumbers tube socket before for a clutch.

Its kinda silly echo don't specify those clutches be made with either grooves that will accept a punch or scrench so you can tap them with a hammer like the Husky ones or have a small hex extension that would accept a 19mm-3/4" socket. I've sacrificed a plumbers tube socket before for a clutch.
The cost of the tool is $10-$15 and my buddy and I have 4 so it may get used again. What tics me off is the price of Echo and Makita air filters.

Its kinda silly echo don't specify those clutches be made with either grooves that will accept a punch or scrench so you can tap them with a hammer like the Husky ones . . .
Maybe they want you to have to take it to the dealer.

I have one that I bought for my CS400 - guess that it is the same. Have not used it yet.

Looks like there are a few, similar looking tools:
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chainsaw-Parts/Repair-Tools/Clutch-Removal-Tools-for-Echo-Chainsaws/

Philbert

Back