Where To Buy Fire Bricks 9x4.5x2?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edju1958

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've got this furnace,not a wood stove,it takes odd ball sized fire bricks that are 9x4.5x2.The last time I replaced them was around 1991 & I had a heck of a time getting them.We had to take a one hr.drive to get them.I see on Feebay that they have insulating fire bricks,but are they the same as refractory fire bricks?I don't want to spend $150 on bricks that aren't what I need only to find out that after one yr.they're shot,or even worse to have my house burn down because I didn't get the right bricks.I already know that Home Depot & Tractor Supply are out of the question here,they deal with dinky wood stoves,not furnaces.If anyone here has any ideas,let them fly.
Ed

My wood stove dealer RIGHT next to my home depot has that size. And the ones that go into wood stoves should be the same as what you are looking for. We use the 9x4.5x4s at work in our stainless furnaces.

Mine had that size at $4 each.

Does that store right next to the Home Depot have a web site or a phone # that I can contact them?Where you live & where I live are two different worlds .There's got to be something in my area,but I'm unable to find anything in my area.They have insulating fire bricks on Feebay,but I don't trust them (Feebay or the bricks).I've done some research & found that the traditional refractory fire bricks last much longer than the insulating firer bricks.
I contacted the same place where I bought fire bricks back in '91,& their rersponse wasn't very helpful.They said that fire bricks are now handled by installers of furnaces.Now,try to find an actual wood furnace.
Ed

Back