where to learn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norfolkk9

Reaction score
Hi there,

I found this forum while looking on line. I'm interested in learning how to tree climb. Does anyone know of any schools in MA that specialize in this? Feel free to post back or email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Hilary

Hilary , were are you in MA...?
I'm on the cape and would be happy to show you the basics
to get you started.

Herb.............

Hi there,

I found this forum while looking on line. I'm interested in learning how to tree climb. Does anyone know of any schools in MA that specialize in this? Feel free to post back or email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Hilary

Just to be clear are you asking to learn how to rec climb or work climb? There is a difference.

There are no rec climbing schools in Mass. Work climbing techniqes taught in courses are usually part of an overall forestry/arborist curriculum at one of the schools that OTG mentioned. Arbormaster instructors travel around the country and give courses periodically in New England, you are required to be employed by a tree care related business/company to enroll, here's the text from their web site:

"Participants must be at least the age of majority in the state that classes are being held and hold full time employment in the green industry as an arborist, in a hands-on role supporting arborists, or other related role in which you use arborist equipment on a regular basis. Courses not offered to individuals who do not work in an arborist or supporting arborist capacity nor private homeowners or for recreational tree climbing purposes."

There are several rec climbing schools in the U.S. but none are located in New England.
-moss

Last edited:
Back