Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you watch the "Seattle is Dying" documentary? I think it lays out a pretty good path forward. But it would be very hard to get our Left Coast society to be willing to make that hard choice. I think much of the Oregon political leadership has recognized the disaster created by Measure 110. There is work in their legislature to amend it. I don't believe they are going far enough, but Baby Steps.

I know it's more work, but I have had good luck using emery cloth and a handmade flap arbor. Just a long spike with the head cut off and slotted. Chuck that into a hand drill, entire process of cleaning the cylinder took about 30 minutes on the MS261 that was straight gassed at work last time I did it. When you are done, no worries about neutralizing any chemicals, easy to get and store, no risk of a spill.

I know it's more work, but I have had good luck using emery cloth and a handmade flap arbor. Just a long spike with the head cut off and slotted. Chuck that into a hand drill, entire process of cleaning the cylinder took about 30 minutes on the MS261 that was straight gassed at work last time I did it. When you are done, no worries about neutralizing any chemicals, easy to get and store, no risk of a spill.

True, but unlike Muriatic acid, we use the caustic soda to keep the pipes clean, so often have it around.
And cleaning it is simply washing it in the sink.

Did you watch the "Seattle is Dying" documentary? I think it lays out a pretty good path forward. But it would be very hard to get our Left Coast society to be willing to make that hard choice. I think much of the Oregon political leadership has recognized the disaster created by Measure 110. There is work in their legislature to amend it. I don't believe they are going far enough, but Baby Steps.

Yeah. When you advertise free drugs or low enforcement, you tend to drag all that type of folk from a long distance away. Add in some unscrupulous bussing by some slimy mayors, and it can get ugly fast.

Even the good areas of Portland are now dangerous. No consequences mean no real law. Bleeding heart progression hurts mostly the working class. Oregon City seems even worse than Portland. I know first hand how bad it's gotten driving public transit for over 32 years. I'll probably be retiring this summer due to health issues and am kinda glad to be getting out, hopefully alive.

Latest posts

Back