Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're on lockdown now. Here's the official list:

People are being told to stay at home for the next two weeks, until Easter Sunday 12 April.
We’re to stay at home in all circumstances, except in the following situations:

• To travel to and from work in circumstances where the work is in an essential health, social care and other essential service and the work cannot be done from home
  • To shop for essential food and household goods or collect a meal
  • To attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
  • For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, but excluding social family visits
  • To take brief individual physical exercise within your locality, which may include children from the household (e.g for a run or walk with/without dog) within 2km of the home (i.e within half an hour from the home) adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing measures
  • For farming purposes – i.e. food production and/or care of animals

All public or private gatherings of any number of people are prohibited.

‘Cocooning’ will be introduced for those over 70 and people who are extremely vulnerable to the disease.

Additionally a further range of non-essential shops and services are to be closed and everyone who can work from home must – excluding essential workers and workers in essential government, utility or other specified functions.

Adult community education and local community centres are to be closed.

Specific guidelines will be available from the Health and Safety Authority for essential workers who, for reasons of their work, cannot maintain social distancing.

All non-essential surgery, health procedures and other non-essential health services are postponed.

All visits to hospitals, residential healthcare centres or other residential settings are to cease – including prisons. There will be specific exceptions on compassionate grounds.

Pharmacists are to be permitted by regulation to dispense medicines outside the current period of validity of the existing prescription in line with the pharmacist’s professional judgement.

A call is to be made to manufacturers, where possible, to adapt their existing manufacturing capacity to produce PPE equipment, including masks, for the national market.

The full list of essential workers is expected to published early tomorrow.

In the interim, businesses and services which consider themselves essential service have been advised to remain open, pending publication of the list.

They actually had us at work as if nothing was wrong until this last Thursday. Just a week ago in a televised townhall meeting they had the audacity to claim that we are somehow "an island of safety". I was on the verge of sacrificing leave to GTFO but finally cooler heads prevailed and they have us teleworking now. It's an exercise in futility, of course, but one must keep up appearances. I am dreading fire season: no crew, likely still quarantined, called up as "essential", few if any ancillary services available. It's gonna be grim, I think.
Grim, yeah, I'm getting that. One of our drivers just had a guy cough all over the inside of the bus on purpose and wipe his hands all over. Our transit agency was totally unprepared for that and did not have a clue how to respond. They had the driver bring the bus back to the garage and called the fire dept for a hazmat team. The driver will be quarantined, tested, and if found to have the virus will likely lose their job due to time loss. Happy days are up ahead, yeah.

We're on lockdown now. Here's the official list:

People are being told to stay at home for the next two weeks, until Easter Sunday 12 April.
We’re to stay at home in all circumstances, except in the following situations:

• To travel to and from work in circumstances where the work is in an essential health, social care and other essential service and the work cannot be done from home
  • To shop for essential food and household goods or collect a meal
  • To attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
  • For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, but excluding social family visits
  • To take brief individual physical exercise within your locality, which may include children from the household (e.g for a run or walk with/without dog) within 2km of the home (i.e within half an hour from the home) adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing measures
  • For farming purposes – i.e. food production and/or care of animals

All public or private gatherings of any number of people are prohibited.

‘Cocooning’ will be introduced for those over 70 and people who are extremely vulnerable to the disease.

Additionally a further range of non-essential shops and services are to be closed and everyone who can work from home must – excluding essential workers and workers in essential government, utility or other specified functions.

Adult community education and local community centres are to be closed.

Specific guidelines will be available from the Health and Safety Authority for essential workers who, for reasons of their work, cannot maintain social distancing.

All non-essential surgery, health procedures and other non-essential health services are postponed.

All visits to hospitals, residential healthcare centres or other residential settings are to cease – including prisons. There will be specific exceptions on compassionate grounds.

Pharmacists are to be permitted by regulation to dispense medicines outside the current period of validity of the existing prescription in line with the pharmacist’s professional judgement.

A call is to be made to manufacturers, where possible, to adapt their existing manufacturing capacity to produce PPE equipment, including masks, for the national market.

The full list of essential workers is expected to published early tomorrow.

In the interim, businesses and services which consider themselves essential service have been advised to remain open, pending publication of the list.
Yup, we got that last monday. The streets are pretty empty with no rush hour whatsoever.

We snuck out recently to walk dog

170550696.TN4HEMuw.IMG_4614.jpg
170550693.1o0YWkws.IMG_4562.jpg
170550694.7nQ3RWFP.IMG_4582.jpg
170550689.nmwNbwUq.IMG_4574.jpg

This stuff might help you guys out right about now(and forever)

A bunch of science behind it. Good stuff. A big take away is they found that if you just drip Vitamin D3 on your nasal cells - they immediately start to produce cathelicidin - the stuff that attacks viruses and bacteria.

This stuff might help you guys out right about now(and forever)

A bunch of science behind it. Good stuff. A big take away is they found that if you just drip Vitamin D3 on your nasal cells - they immediately start to produce cathelicidin - the stuff that attacks viruses and bacteria.

I've been taking 2k - 4k I units of quality vitamin D a day for like 7 years. Fish oil is big with D3.

You'll like this as well: According to CDC/WHO there have been 105K corona virus tests executed in the US as of March 29th, with nearly 93K confirmed. So, like, on average if they do test someone for corona - they have it 90% of the time. What does this mean? It means there is a fugload of corona positives still milling about not tested :(

Where I work they posted a workmans comp sheet for any of us bus operators that get the virus as WE are definitely gonna get exposed. At least one bus I know of is now sitting at a transit center quarantined as its operator got sick, another had a sick operator pass out and hit a car. And those are only two instances early in the day that I've heard of.

So far I have not changed a thing in my life or am planning to. I am clueless to understand what a fuss is hapening here. My wood business is very very busy to say the least. Peoples furnaces quit some times. We went through H1N1 without a hitch now what is the problem with Covid. Thanks

This is different. The reason it's called a "novel" virus is because it's new and nobody has any born defense against it. It spreads rapidly, and incubates slowly. You could be an asymptomatic carrier already. You are very well advised to take it seriously and follow the advice of the CDC, the President, and your local government. When this all shakes out, hundreds of thousands to millions will die. This thing is no joke. Disregard it at not only your peril, but that of everybody you know and love. I'm 100% serious.

H1N1 didn’t cause healthy people to have ARDS or MODS. This does. People die from ARDS and MODS.

This is not something to take lightly. When we’re done, many, and I mean in the tens of thousands at least, will die from this. Disregarding it isn’t only putting yourself at risk, but also everyone in the general public.

This is different. The reason it's called a "novel" virus is because it's new and nobody has any born defense against it. It spreads rapidly, and incubates slowly. You could be an asymptomatic carrier already. You are very well advised to take it seriously and follow the advice of the CDC, the President, and your local government. When this all shakes out, hundreds of thousands to millions will die. This thing is no joke. Disregard it at not only your peril, but that of everybody you know and love. I'm 100% serious.
Many folks over the age of 60 had some immunity to swine flu, with others protected by the herd immunity granted therein , and still 12000 people died in the US. No one had any immunity to this virus when it landed.

Latest posts

Back