Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aung San Suu Kyi always sounded like she had to be in a fairly precarious position in Myanmar. It seemed like she was in the news, or at least BBC Newshour & overnight news on WFPL, an awful lot to be comfortably holding an office. I think it just finally came to an end at the beginning of this month.

We had to bury my wife's oldest hound today. Was very sad. We placed him next to my old greyhound I buried on the estate I work:

171459684.PVUjlnIn.shadow.jpg

https://pbase.com/wyk/in_loving_memory_of_shadow

Only decent news was we finally took the Renault on to the motorway. Cruising mostly at 74mph, there and back, got us:

171459683.KiNbJ3DD.57mpg.jpg

We had to bury my wife's oldest hound today. Was very sad. We placed him next to my old greyhound I buried on the estate I work:

171459684.PVUjlnIn.shadow.jpg

https://pbase.com/wyk/in_loving_memory_of_shadow

Only decent news was we finally took the Renault on to the motorway. Cruising mostly at 74mph, there and back, got us:

171459683.KiNbJ3DD.57mpg.jpg
I'm sorry to hear of the hounds passing, I know it's tough, but another will come along. I had to put Inky down in January, however, at almost 15 years for a German Shepherd, I considered us both lucky.

Dunno bout you guys, but I am losing my mind with no job and nothing to do and little hope. Just, fuuu-
I gotta a job most wouldn't want and our govenor put us frontline workers to the back of the line for vaccinations. It seems that the murderers and rapists in prison as well as the homeless are worth more than us workers. Even the homeless get vaccinations before us. And the economic projections are not rosy at all. So all cheery on my end.

There is good news for anyone with a chainsaw and truck as we had a pretty big ice storm a few weeks back and cleanup is still ongoing.

I hope it goes better for you Wes, at least you've got family that cares, so please take comfort in that.

The end is in sight, Spring is coming and Hope is in the air. [emoji3]
Oh, I thought you meant a meteor might be coming.

Speaking of the end in sight, I'm back on a blood pressure cocktail now(blew a 170/118 the other day). The med tech asked me how I was still alive. I wonder the same thing sometimes myself. I gained 10 kilos during this pandemic. Less work and less metabolism does that to a man said the doc.
So gonna try and get out there more often I guess.
Sellin some bars in Ireland, so at least I got some spare scrilla to help the family out with. I won't have to reinvest it because there ain't no freakin inventory to buy anymore due to covid :(

Oh, I thought you meant a meteor might be coming.

Speaking of the end in sight, I'm back on a blood pressure cocktail now(blew a 170/118 the other day). The med tech asked me how I was still alive. I wonder the same thing sometimes myself. I gained 10 kilos during this pandemic. Less work and less metabolism does that to a man said the doc.
So gonna try and get out there more often I guess.
Sellin some bars in Ireland, so at least I got some spare scrilla to help the family out with. I won't have to reinvest it because there ain't no freakin inventory to buy anymore due to covid :(
Someone did a study, on average, we've all gained about 2# a month during the pandempanic

Getting a new Stihl powerhead has been problematic lately too, I can finally afford a 500i, but none are available.

Wes, that blood pressure ain't good, but I've seen much worse. I took care of a man on dialysis who's blood pressure was well north of 300, systolic and diastolic. In fact it boiled the Mercury. I would not have believed it if I hadn't personally taken the reading repeatedly over several days.

180/110 is no bueno, but it doesn’t warrant that question. They oughta see what some of our guys blow coming out of a house fire. I lost weight during the last year. Stress does different things to different people.

No need to wish for a meteor yet.

I hope everyone's doing OK? I am starting to feel a bit better myself:
So also turned out I was becoming diabetic. Last month I tested 18 on the blood sugar meter. That's literally off the scale(but I did have a huge lunch right before). I have since fasted, started a decent diet, and am now testing between 7-10(126-180). So got that back under control. Did a pair in the 6's after some exercise, too. I do feel a hell of a lot better. Still, they have me on pills for that as well. The worst part is having to take your blood test sticking a needle in your fingers when you have white finger. Very annoying.
Got the BP to 150/95. Started playing tennis again since they opened up the clubs. But I only play with one guy I know to keep my exposure down, or else I just hit the wall. On pills for this a well. Stopped eating all dairy and beef aside from occasional milk. My diet is a bit crazy at the moment compared to teh crap I used to eat, but I oddly do not feel hungry most days.
Got my first Pfizer shot Thursday. Still a bit sore from it. Hope this means at least I won't run the risk of making the MIL sick if I go out and about.
Sales still stagnant, but at least a few bars have gone out the door.

I'm sorry you had to, and glad to hear you've got your health under control. Getting old and fat ain't no good, but it's easy to become reality. Glad to hear of your Pizer vaccine too. I get my second Moderna one next Saturday.

Portland is a disaster, especially for businesses. I like the PNW climate but my rheumatoid issues don't. And the ultra liberal progressives have pretty much ruined the west coast for working people. I need to move, but dunno where.

When I can, I have a large ash and oak to cut up on a farm in Mollala. I've had issues with my wisdom teeth and infection so have not been up to it. I do want to get some 82cc Mac action in.

Great to hear from you and maybe the Covid issue will be mostly in the rear view mirror later this year.

Latest posts

Back