Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home with the redmax. For $200 I figured why not. It really wasnt used much. Not as fast cutting as the 562 but build quality is great and it was $500 cheaper. I think it will be perfect for trail clearing.

Good choice! Now we can continue this debate until there are 1,000 posts here! Only 436 more to go...

It's 102 here today and 15 knots, but no fire ban. El Niño is a *****.
I think this is just the 60cc saw users dribble thread. Hell, I even threw in a big lebowski reference.
This is my new dog.
View attachment 472602

Awwwwwwwwww!

El Nino is a biitch here too. Many records for rain here in December: wettest December ever on record, wettest month ever on record, most consecutive days with rain in December (every day in December so far), and nearing the record for the most consecutive days with rain ever. And the month still has a week to go! Snow levels are dropping tonight, I expect a white Christmas here, or at least a white Christmas Eve. Roads are flooded, we had F1 tornadoes just north of me 2 weeks ago, landslides are closing roads and wiping out houses and apartment buildings, big trees are falling all over the place with the high winds, and I have been busy cleaning up storm damage on my property and making repairs.

At least it was the shortest day of the year yesterday! Yippie! Winter is here.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel a noticeable difference in cutting speed when I switch from a 18" to 16" bar. After Xmas is over I plan on doing some timed cuts with each to prove it one way or the other. If anybody has already done this it would save me the trouble...lol

And for windy - Doberman pup loves the kitten (and miniature Maltese pup).
View attachment 472609
My kids gave me a shirt says - BE the PERSON Your Dog THINKS YOU ARE!
That about says it all right there. Unconditional love from a pet is a great thing!

Merry Christmas from my neck of the woods!

A little photo to cool you guys off down south :)
Geepe.jpg

Thanks Troll, but I like a 20" on the 362. I'm 6'1", so with shorter bars I feel I have to bend over too much and not reach what I want to reach. Besides, those E bars are almost as light as a Sugi.

Well, I am 6'1" as well, but I mostly use a 16" when I can. I bend over, resting the left elbow on the left knee when convenient (often is). I like the added feel of precision.

One hunter to another: you know I have a really strange hunting dog, everytime I miss, he roll's over on his back, feet in the air and laughs and laughs!
Other hunter: what does he do when you hit?
First hunter: don't know, I've only had him since 4 years...

:D

merry christmas to all!

Well, I am 6'1" as well, but I mostly use a 16" when I can. I bend over, resting the left elbow on the left knee when convenient (often is). I like the added feel of precision.
Seems like overkill, if you want to run a 16" why not step down to a 50cs powerhead and save some weight... The 50cs is still plenty of power for all but the hardest of woods!

Seems like overkill, if you want to run a 16" why not step down to a 50cs powerhead and save some weight... The 50cs is still plenty of power for all but the hardest of woods!

That's exactly what I often do (use a 50cc saw) - but don't underestimate the FUN factor! :D

Then I don't always use a 16" bar on a 60cc saw, it just is another good option. It is the expected wood that usually dictates the bar length, not reach.

That's exactly what I often do (use a 50cc saw) - but don't underestimate the FUN factor! :D

Then I don't always use a 16" bar on a 60cc saw, it just is another option. It is the expected wood that dictates the bar length, usually not reach.
I must admit if I had a 560/2260 i'd give it a go, but I'm not buying a large mount 16" for my 562.

Latest posts

Back