Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I often do (use a 50cc saw) - but don't underestimate the FUN factor! :D

Then I don't always use a 16" bar on a 60cc saw, it just is another option. It is the expected wood that dictates the bar length, usually not reach.
Exactly, Merry Christmas Sir!!

I had one for my 372, but never got around to using it, before the saw was stolen.

Sorry to hear you have problems like that over there also. I grew up in a neighborhood where we did not lock the car doors or the house doors, even if you went away for the weekend. I feel like we have been going backwards ever since!

There was something to be said for the time when each house only had one car, one TV and most women did not work, and everyone looked out for one another. I fear that era has been permanently lost.

Almost every house had guns, and there were no school shootings. It would have been viewed as such a gutless thing to do, no one would even think of doing it.

And we call this progress???

Sorry to hear you have problems like that over there also. I grew up in a neighborhood where we did not lock the car doors or the house doors, even if you went away for the weekend. I feel like we have been going backwards ever since!

There was something to be said for the time when each house only had one car, one TV and most women did not work, and everyone looked out for one another. I fear that era has been permanently lost.

Almost every house had guns, and there were no school shootings. It would have been viewed as such a gutless thing to do, no one would even think of doing it.

And we call this progress???

'Zactly.

We used to take guns to school all the time during dove season. When someone was lucky enough to get a new shotgun, we'd all admire it in the parking lot, and sometimes faculty would come over to check out/fondle the new weapon. It was never an issue.

I put one on my 390xp just for fun one day[emoji1]
When I put a 24" on my 385 I run an 8 pin. Reckon I'd need a 9 pin for a 16", or it would be four stroking in the cut or leaned out to a gazillion revs.
All that happens when I gear stuff up that fast is I make chains dull quicker! Bloody Aussie wood...

Merry Christmas everyone!
Im gona sharpen up the chain on the redmax and head out to cut some wood. Any suggestions for grinding angles for .325 chain?

When I put a 24" on my 385 I run an 8 pin. Reckon I'd need a 9 pin for a 16", or it would be four stroking in the cut or leaned out to a gazillion revs.
All that happens when I gear stuff up that fast is I make chains dull quicker! Bloody Aussie wood...

Wish I had some of that bloody hard Aussie wood here to keep my house warm this winter here. Euc would be real nice right now.

Wish I had some of that bloody hard Aussie wood here to keep my house warm this winter here. Euc would be real nice right now.
Just bought 6ac of scrub, about half is standing dead stringy bark from the last drought. I might be investing in some carbide chain or a 404 bar.
It's not the hardest timber in the world, but it always has white ant damage and it just trashes chains. Burns well enough, especially if you mix it with some red gum.

Don't you have Madrone?

I do not have any Madrone in my stacks right now. I was supposed to get some over toward the Coast Range but that site flooded out this month and it is still knee deep in mud. So I cannot get up there. It is also green so no good for this year. I do have some seasoned white oak and black locust though. But I would prefer blue gum euc like I cut in California. That stuff burns for days! Too damn heavy and way too far to bring it back with me here though.

Just bought 6ac of scrub, about half is standing dead stringy bark from the last drought. I might be investing in some carbide chain or a 404 bar.
It's not the hardest timber in the world, but it always has white ant damage and it just trashes chains. Burns well enough, especially if you mix it with some red gum.

I never burned red gum. Monster sized blue gum euc is what they have heaps of in California. Like Madrone, it cuts OK when green, but when it dries out? Forget it.

Back