Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never burned red gum. Monster sized blue gum euc is what they have heaps of in California. Like Madrone, it cuts OK when green, but when it dries out? Forget it.
Few different blue gums, globulus makes pulp for paper in the first ten years, gets hard after that.

Yah, there are many globulus blue gums in California, stringy bark and all. Huge monsters over 100 years old. 2Dogs posted a job he had clearing a stand of huge gums south of King City along Highway 101 a whole back. They are now escaped invasives and long since established in the warmer parts of the western US. Eucs are all trash trees here. No one uses them for anything, other than for landscaping. I get various species of them as firewood here after people plant them and every ten years we get a hard frost that kills them all. In California I have been clearing them from a friend's lot where they are competing with redwoods. There is a large stand of them along I-5 in the north end of the Sac'to Valley in California. It was planted as an attempt to make pulp and chips, but that venture failed. I think someone cuts those for firewood now.

2dogs photo of the big eucs in CA

http://s259.photobucket.com/user/williamkiff/media/BigSurLT012.jpg.html

I'm sick of reading so I'm just throwing this out there. Used I agree with a bunch that the 361 is hard to beat. My 362C-M with a new 18" 33rs chain and rollomatic ES bar, fueled and oiled and probably full of sawdust crap (MINUS THE SPARK SCREEN BECAUSE ITS IN RACE MODE :laughing:) weights, 17.8lbs. I don't like the 20" balance on the 362. Depending on where the OP is from I got 461's on the shelf for $859.95 for 20" +$10 for the 25". The 461's I think are a smoking saw for the price right now. :bowdown:
Well where exactly are u located?? I see New York as your location and I have family up there.
Maybe if u aren't too far from them I will make a trip out to you sometime.

Back