Which carb for a jonsered 2065 that is getting a big bore kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonScott46

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys, picked up a 1998 Jonsered 2065 for around 200 bucks. It has been sitting with fuel in it for god knows how long, but other than that it is near mint. I think it has only been started a handful of times by the look of it. I was going to change the fuel filter, do a carb kit on it and try to make a little money on it because I really have no need for a saw of this size. But against my better judgement I have decided to slap an aftermarket big bore on it and get some experience with some mild modifications to the cylinder.

Question is what carb should I use that gives the best performance to a mildly modified big bore p and c that will bolt on without a lot of hastle? I was thinking the rwj-4 if I could find used and get it shipped to Sweden for a reasonable price. Are there easy tweeks I can make to the stock Zama C3M carb that will make it perform with a 75cc cylinder? What do you guys think?

Your best performance mods to that saw are to leave the stock piston and cylinder on it, have a nice Pro quality chisel chain installed, do a nice muffler mod, a tuneup with new lines and filter, and a carb rebuild and good tune.

The aftermarket big bore cylinders do not run as well as the factory cylinders do, even if you go up 5-8cc's. Only an OEM 371xp or 372xp larger cylinder and piston will give more power, and you will have to swap the intake and carb out also to match.

The aftermarket cylinders rarely get the timing numbers right and the ports are not optimized for flow and power.

The other side is that if the stock cylinder and piston isn't messed up, don't mess with it, you won't gain any power at all by swapping to an aftermarket big bore kit, but your wallet will be lighter.

If you are looking to sell it afterwards, you won't be making as much profit as you would if you left it stock.

Back