Which less popular 50cc ish saw to port??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at that craftsman saw cut wow it’s ported. porting rocks. I don’t think you could pick a worse saw to port and she’s a beast now. The underdog runs great.

When I first started porting bikes my son said porting doesn’t work. I been porting engines since I was 20 yo. I was 40yo with the bikes. I just cut 1/8” from the bottom of a ‘72 suzuki ts125 piston ported engine. The kid was beating newer kx80’s down the straights pizzing off the kids/dads on the 80’s cc bikes. I put the older kx80 twin shocks on the ts125. I fully ported a ‘85 Honda 125 cr the kid was eating 250/ cc bikes. I told the kid porting doesn’t matter.

I just got one of these for ten bucks. A 45cc Blue Max 6595.

Only problem is that the chain brake lever is too close to the handlebar. It's a bit of a distraction that I don't like. So I don't think I'd be putting much time into porting it.
Might see what I can do with the muffler though.

So remove the brake. It's supposed to be unique. Lots of saws don't have a chain brake, customize it. :)
Or, warm the brake handle with a hot air gun a bit & convince it to lean forward a little bit more?
Just warm it/bend it where it makes the most sense, comfort, safety etc. It's probably just plastic that has plastic strengthening pillars on it.

For a budget build I’d find a 340/345/350 and port an aftermarket cylinder. @Mattyo has some very informative YouTube videos about which cylinders produce the most power.

You might be right take a stock husky 350 and port it. Take it to the edge.

So remove the brake. It's supposed to be unique. Lots of saws don't have a chain brake, customize it. :)
Or, warm the brake handle with a hot air gun a bit & convince it to lean forward a little bit more?
Just warm it/bend it where it makes the most sense, comfort, safety etc. It's probably just plastic that has plastic strengthening pillars on it.
Maybe....
Gotta order a new clutch drum/spur sprocket for it. And then maybe...

Has anyone ported a 55?
This isnt a full port job but i spiced it up a lil.
BGD, MM, TA, raised and widened Ex. Adjusted Intake a fuzz. And it was a WARHAWK topend. 18" .325, .050 LPX chain.
4-5 yr old ash that was like a stone but thats all i had at the time of testing. Held rpm real good in the cut. Sounds good too:D

Sent from my iPhone

I’d be tempted to try porting a Poulan 5020 if you are dead set against a Husky. They run substantially better with a muffler mod and there’s also a fix for the soggy antivibe that I believe @old guy posted up a few years ago.

I’d be tempted to try porting a Poulan 5020 if you are dead set against a Husky. They run substantially better with a muffler mod and there’s also a fix for the soggy antivibe that I believe @old guy posted up a few years ago.

Those would be interesting because they use plastic transfer inserts, you can have open or closed transfers just by keeping or removing the inserts.

Never said I was against porting a husky. Just not interested in porting a saw that’s been ported by a million other people since this is just for fun. More fun to try something different.

Back