Which of those will be best

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood big enough to chop on 6/8 parts to fireplace, 18'' is enough to cut 2 pieces at once. I want to have good saw for years. I found ms261 is light and powerfull maybe it will be good choice? Or xp550mk2, i need powerfull saw to save some time, maybe in future i will start my own business with gardening.
Weight is not problem, 7-8kg weights my hedge trimmers which need a lot more move to trim.
You say here that 18" is enough to cut two lengths at once. I think the previous comment is relating to this. If you want bigger but want to run Stihl or Husqvarna. Have a look at a Husq 555. In the UK they are currently cheaper than a 550xp and a 545.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

But trees are 16-21 inch
That’s what someone asked you, and you gave an answer that lead me to believe you
were cutting two nine inch logs side by side for the fire.
Still, 590 or 550xp will be fine, not all of the tree will be of the larger size.

590 full stop

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
That would be my choice, but the OP seems to be looking at what other locals are using,
Husqvarna and Stihl being the saw to aspire to, he says not many Echo ‘s around,
only one dealer.

Most fruits, but oak and acacia too :>
//edit
I went to local dealers and i can buy husqvarna 565 in price of stihl ms 261 is it worth?
More power, heavier saw, they are very different from a MS261,
pick the one that will suit your needs best, bigger wood = bigger saw,
smaller wood = smaller saw.

Read this, http://answerarmy.com/posts/f5769120e8 , if you still think you want an
electronic controlled saw, then buy one, if not, get a standard carb saw,
like the Echo, or find a Makita or Dolmar dealer, both saws are identical, made in
Germany in the larger sizes, parts available online too, if you ever need them.

Oh yea I forgot pricing, will calculate for you to have clear view:
Echo cs-590 is 580$ and we have 18'' compared to your 20''
Stihl MS 271 is 532$
Husky 543xp is 556$
545 mk II is 680$
Hella expensive compering to USA prices, wish i can get them with your prices :<
Your prices include VAT, don't they? Which is something on the order of 23% markup

As a result I bought husky 565 for 800$ when 261 i could got for 780$. I also bought 2nd chain chisel and 1l of oil.
After few first cuts i can say it's absolute beast.
20200601_123818.jpg

Latest posts

Back