Which one would you pick? 562XP or non xtorq 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not clean it...
3bdfb727e8e95154b6b4506e2693745b.jpg
2260f6396188ea7ca0968f8a6a8f1599.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That’s about 15 tanks of fuel not 100. Lol

several members offer brand new or well built 372 OE's for sale. Duce is good in a pinch for a well built saw. If you absolutely need brand New Robin Wood has the OE 372XP in stock as they still sell them outside of the US. do a quick search.
No 372's here.

I was going to tell you that the asking price was high but after seeing it, it makes some sense. Hope you still tried to haggle him down some. Very nice saw and you will like it. Give us a cut report once you use it.
I have used the saw for some maple, oak and box elder firewood. It is a very easy starting saw, not even touching the decomp button. The saw just wants to run all the time. With the mounted 20in bar it seems to cut faster than my 390, like the power band is at a higher RPM. My dad now wants to borrow the saw for a "job". Thinking about packing it up for him with some of my fuel, wedges, extra chain, ect. Will see how he likes it.

No way that saw has had 100-150 tanks through it! Looks mint!
Many Chinese parts. :surprised3: Just kidding! Great looking saw and I agree with him on 372 stock out cutting 390 stock with 20 inch bar. 24 " bars buried in wood running 8 pin rims and cutting speed goes to the 390.

No way that saw has had 100-150 tanks through it! Looks mint!
Well that's what he told me! Then I find out he has 2 ported 562xps and he upgraded to a 572xp instead of this saw. Apparently he wasn't a fan of manual tuning saws. I am not sure what to believe but this saw flat out performs. Seller also said, I never took that saw in the woods, just bucked logs in a open field.

Well either way, nice score for you! I must admit I really considered finding an old non-xtorque 372 when I recently purchased my 461.
Yes I had been looking for about 1 year until I found this one. I had the 372 Xtorq and wasn't a huge fan of that saw. Sometimes simpler is better with a saw.

Here's the saw. I made a few minor adjustments to the tuning. Let me know what you think. (Go easy on me, I am new to tuning and do not have a tach). This chain was filled by me using what I learned on this site.

Wow that 372 is minty! It sounds good to me in the video.

I'm a 562xp owner and I will admit I still want a 372 just because.

The 372xp is the saw I usually don’t get in my shop but in the last few months I have located about 6 for rebuild and they are basically sold before I even get started on them- the one I kept for firewood is basically the only saw I have hung on to for good reason- not a big fan of the xtorq but a blown top end on one gives me opportunity to turn it into an xp

So my dad got his hands on my OE 372XP and I get the impression he would like one. How long will the xtorq be available? Called Baileys today and they said they can still order them from Husqvarna and they had 20-30 units on hand. For the cutting he does I am not sure if he would really care about the OE / xtorq differences. Will xtorqs be gone soon replaced by 572XP?

Yeah its going to be tough to find another XP like the one I bought. That is why I was thinking about getting him a xtorq.

Yeah its going to be tough to find another XP like the one I bought. That is why I was thinking about getting him a xtorq.

Put a want ad in the trading post, I bet you'd be surprised what's hiding in the shops of some of the junkies on this site.

Why is non xtorq better? Just trying to learn.
For me the OE is a real Husky, high strung. Light and great handling. The XT has a wider, more user friendly powerband. The motor works well with the AV. They're smooth. The fuel economy is better. But they're boring to run by comparison. I'm an enthusiast and part time firewood hack. I can run whatever I want so I choose the OE. If I had other considerations I'd probably choose the XT.

Latest posts

Back