Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a monkeyed 026 PRO that runs quite well with tons of torque but also have another different brand 50cc saw on route to me now that will be ported.Just want to see if I made the right choice.

Not an 026 PRO or 550xp or MS261?

026 needs to be ported pretty hot to compete, and even then?

The 261 will make good power, but still not quite a 346 unless you use a different carb. The 261 also takes more work to port. On top of all that the 261 still a heavier saw. The 550 would be my second choice, as it's lighter than the 261 and the AT system seems to work well. With that said it still won't have the power of a 346, at least I haven't ran one (yet) that does.

Now a lot of guys including myself are using the 357/359 carb and intake setup in ported 346's, but it's not a necessity to make a really good running saw. My personal 346 has a MM set squish and a non limited coil, no porting whatsoever, and she has out cut more than one ported 346. With a few little things here and there, the 346's can be made to really run.

Last edited:
Andre pretty much nailed it. If you want max power, go with a 346 or 2153. There are only a few 2153s left out there if you're considering that route. My second choice, ported, would be the 261. It'll be right on the heals of the 346. If going with a 550, I would not port it. IMHO, it's not worth the investment. MM it and be done with it.

Latest posts

Back