Which way to go on grinder.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been down that road . It wasn't for me personally but that was a long time ago before they had that additional clamp on the bar type guide . Many people do use and like it . I would get a good supply of those little stones . I think they also make a version that you can plug into a wall socket. Not sure because I don't pay that much attention .

The Oregon grinder I use finally quit last week after 15+ years sharpening customers's chains weekly. Ours has the diamond wheel and it has been on the grinder since new, no dressing or replacing the wheel.

I bought this one. It's the same as the Oregon 620 grinder with the hydraulic vise instead of the manual one on the other models. And it's cheaper than the 520 in the link above. Free shipping too. And yes, it's the real deal. Mine says tecomec on it. I called maverick and stens, their distributor to be sure before I ordered. For me the idea of a grinder that normally costs $350-550 for $270 was too good to pass up.

https://maverickmowersupply.com/700010-chain-grinder-super-jolly-w-hydraulic-clamp

We are still using the wheels that came with it, no problems you just dress the wheel once in a while , you can buy a diamond wheel but I see no need to

Back