Which Way to the Beech?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
It was only 22 below out today, so I thought I'd go to the beech.
What do you think of my sowerpaw, I mean powersaw?
Franks Planks

It was all I could do to get the 50 some odd drivers wraped around the 9 pin sprocket. I just wanted to do a bit of snedding, whatever that means.
Anywho, the 066KD blasted thru a 10" beech in 1.8. The bar is a bit embarrassed by the log dogs.
John

With that much power driving such a short chain, he could put it on backwards and still have super quick cut times.

"Anywho, the 066KD blasted thru a 10" beech in 1.8."

Probably one of the chains I sent him...John lost his square grinder owners manual.
Steve

Marky Mark could give Gypo some pointers on training his dog to carry wood too. Course that dog might be too smart!

Frank

That 13" bar must cut like a bastard. I should try it. I'm already trying something along the same line by using a 20" bar on my 66 whenever possible.

Stihl 066 vs 385 husky

Hello Leroy,
That 066kd looks good in the pictures but you should put the bar and chain on the 385kd and see which one is faster. my money would be on the stihl 066kd but they are going to be real close.
ken

066KD with 13 inch bar and chain looks like a cute saw that packs a strong and ugly bite!

Back