White Oak disease

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kfryk

Reaction score
I'm new to this site and am looking for a diagnosis for my oak trees. I have 7 large White Oaks that are loosing their leaves. The leaves have orange spots on theIMG_4899.JPG IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4911.JPG IMG_4909.JPG IMG_4908.JPG IMG_4907.JPG IMG_4904.JPG IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4899.JPG IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4911.JPG IMG_4909.JPG IMG_4908.JPG underside, get deformed and eventually curl up, get brown and fall off.
I have 7 White Oaks, all have this condition in varying stages. I also have many Live Oaks which do not.
Sorry about the duplicate photos! I'm just learning how to do this.

Pics please! Close up, medium, far away.

Leaves, branches, trunk, root flair.

Anything that looks out of place too.

I see eastern oak gall rust aka pine/oak rust, possibly some oak anthracnose and/or a leaf spot such as tubakia, and some cynipid wasp galls. The root flair area probably has smooth patch which isnt a big deal but I think you should have a phc/diagnostic arborist out to the site to narrow down what's really going on.

Best I can do with pics on a phone I'm afraid.

I see eastern oak gall rust aka pine/oak rust, possibly some oak anthracnose and/or a leaf spot such as tubakia, and some cynipid wasp galls. The root flair area probably has smooth patch which isnt a big deal but I think you should have a phc/diagnostic arborist out to the site to narrow down what's really going on.

Best I can do with pics on a phone I'm afraid.
Thanks so much. I have an arborist coming out tomorrow.

Back