white pine climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adkpk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A view.

2d096326.jpg

ropes

72bca902.jpg

At the top. You can see the knot at the small ring of the cambium saver.

d61b5bc5.jpg

Another view

5a790ecd.jpg

The top

06654cd7.jpg

The way down.

53f43703.jpg

The batteries in the camera were dead to my surprise but lucky for you I threaded the rope through the friction saver backwards and had to climb it again much to my enjoyment. So here are the pics of the lava rope rescue.

Last edited:
Nice white pine you've got there.

Ah yes, I see the jammed ring-ring false crotch. That never happens to anyone! Hung gear is one of the best teachers in tree climbing.

Generally I find rope sleeves less trouble for my DRT climbing, either leather or conduit, they're easy in and easy out. This is what I use:
3391444598_7b985026b6.jpg

I can send you specs for the conduit if you want to try making one.
-moss

Last edited:
Erie Buoy has the spec here

I've tried many different types of metal lined liquid tight conduit, they are not created equal. The one Erie Buoy shows is the best, trust me on this one:
McMaster-Carr PN 8069K13

McMaster-Carr sells it by the foot.

For the end cap (ground cone) you need to buy two of these liquid tight connectors, and take the end cap out of each connector assembly:
Thomas & Betts Liquidtight Connector assembly (PN 5333)

This end cap has round shoulders and is rope friendly. I cut the conduit to about 32" and twist the endcaps into the ends. I finish with vinyl tape to secure the end cap and smooth the flare on the cap "skirt".

Depending how rough you are on them they will eventually start to wear through the vinyl cover. When that happens I take the end caps off and move them to a new piece of conduit. The end caps seem to last forever.
-moss

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back