White Pine stand a chance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
wp1.jpg wp2.jpg wp3.jpg wp4.jpg wp5.jpg wp6.jpg wp7.jpg wp8.jpg
Ligtning strike a few years back... not to mention some ice storm damage a few yrs back...
Decay is about 4" wider to the right, and 2" to the left(vertically, under loose bark)
Termites behind bark in photo5.
Trunk/root collar decay
I dont think it can be turned around, even with some care...anyone feel differently?

wp1-jpg.434753

This pine should be removed. When evaluating, not only assess health & structure, location is very important. A well kept formal yard is not the place to nurse & fuss with a declining eyesore white pine.

Have a question Raintree or whoever...

I've read that :
"gypsy moth feedingcan increase a tree's susceptibility to the attack by the shoestringfungus, Armillariella mellea and the two-lined chestnut borer...etc"

My q is, is the reason that Gypsy moth(and other pests) can make a tree more susceptible to the underground devastation of shoestring root Fungis because the tree has a weakened defense against basically everything(including Armillatia), because of lack of successful photosynthesis..."starving out")

Another question:
Why do fungal diseases cause a leaf to have a dry texture?

Latest posts

Back