who are our oldest and youngest members?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure I don't qualify, and my Dad is technically not a member, but I share some of his exploits when I head out to his farm to help him ready for winter:

Dads woodpile.JPG

Dad is 87. His old Echo CS 302 is running with a time tested muffler mod (the baffles are all burned out). I asked him to stop cutting down trees and leave that to me, but he still bucks. And usually runs the handle of the splitter allowing me to do the lifting. He likes to keep a couple years ahead for when he no longer feels up to the work. He has a Honda 250 three-wheeler and a small cart he re-purposed from a go kart I built over 50 years ago to move his wood from this wood shed to his porch where he feeds his wood stove and sits beside it most of the winter.

That pile is 90% locust, and will be split and stacked on the other side of the drive-thru he is standing in for easy access. In a brainstorm he dug a trench last year to back his splitter into so he could kind of kick-roll the rounds onto the rail for splitting without lifting when I'm not available.

Just a young gun of 34. Often feel as though I should have been born 50 years earlier though. The men of the ww2 generation are so tough it's incredible. Had the privelege of knowing a few that have since passed. "Men" of today are way too wimpy imo.

Back