who are our oldest and youngest members?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the speed they use them + they take the p**s out of us old "uns" they've also been there done that & got the "T" shirt & are considerably "miffed" when they find we old farts did it just the same or more some 60 years ago You Wait your time will come & then you will be able like us to have a chuckle while drooling in your tea/coffee mug :laugh:
At 66, my times coming faster than i'd like it to. Reminds me of another story though - Old bull & a young one looking down on some heifers - Young one says " lets run down & hump a few" Old bull says "lets walk down & hump all of them"

Just turned 17 on the 3rd

I seem to recall we had a 15 or 16 yo on here one time. Seemed like a really decent kid.
But then anyone who plays with chainsaws is pretty decent.
Except for Stihlaficionado, of course. He's just plain crazy. :p;)

I am 60 and plan on leaving this world just like I came into its. Kicking and screaming and depending on someone to feed me and change my diapers

I'm hoping for a quick heart attack and not pooping my pants on a daily basis. I'm raising 2 kids. Will they take care of me when i can't? Idk I don't want to live in a nursing home strapped to a chair pooping myself all day. Hopefully I have a few years though...

Unc, that young kid was trying to use the fan from a computer to "supercharge" a saw. He was trying to force induct it.... he was a smart kid, he knew it wasn't practical but was just trying to have fun. I can't remember his name, but I do remember some dumbasses giving him a hard time about how impractical it was, and how the seals would blow out and the kid moved on... it can be "a tough crowd" sometimes, sad really.

Edit:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/chain-saw-with-forced-induction.158515/

This is the thread, just found it, this is the kid I was thinking of...

Yep, been wrenching on saws since 16, but the Cad has only gotten worse as the years pass. As for current age I know @happysaws has got me beat!
Started using a chainsaw at 10 or 11.

I bought a little stihl 012, and ended up with a really bad case of CAD at age 12.

Currently a senior in highschool, I'm one of the youngest in my class. [emoji6]

It's nice to see younger folk around here getting involved in the art of manliness.

My own 158 kids are always out doing things. Oldest boy is in college, but he comes home and makes his knives. He made his own chain mail shirt and some self-taught, self-made armor. Some fine artistry there, too. Second son is on a robotics team, likes weapons (just bought an airsoft sniper rifle) and he and I lift weights together. Daughters all involved with sewing, gymnastics, robotics, music, etc. Not much sitting around here. We have a room in the basement that is called the Lego Room and also the armory. LOTS of legos, and LOTS of wooden swords, axes, daggers, shields, bows, etc. All homemade. There's even a mangonel on the property somewhere. (That's a kind of catapult).

Video games?? How boring. :rock:

It's nice to see younger folk around here getting involved in the art of manliness.

My own 158 kids are always out doing things. Oldest boy is in college, but he comes home and makes his knives. He made his own chain mail shirt and some self-taught, self-made armor. Some fine artistry there, too. Second son is on a robotics team, likes weapons (just bought an airsoft sniper rifle) and he and I lift weights together. Daughters all involved with sewing, gymnastics, robotics, music, etc. Not much sitting around here. We have a room in the basement that is called the Lego Room and also the armory. LOTS of legos, and LOTS of wooden swords, axes, daggers, shields, bows, etc. All homemade. There's even a mangonel on the property somewhere. (That's a kind of catapult).

Video games?? How boring. :rock:
I hear you there uncle. Me and the boy made a air powered potato cannon that could easily clear a treeline several hundred yards away. We also like target shooting, camping, garden tractors. Had a family gt pull once. The girl likes similar stuff. We made bat houses, purple Martin hotels, lots of snow activities. Try to keep them outside as much as I can

I’m 69 yo going to be 70yo this year, I remember my dad saying if he only could do it over again and knows what he knows now, I understand what he meant. Is there more old farts than young bloods here?

I was born 200 years too late, one life I had was on a b17/b25 bomber shot down over Germany. How do I know? When I hear those radial engines I get a shook up.

In heaven there ain’t no beer that’s why we drink it here.

I was born 200 years too late, one life I had was on a b17/b25 bomber shot down over Germany. How do I know? When I hear those radial engines I get a shook up.
Interesting...Two sounds get me all welled up are radial engines and bagpipes. Had an uncle who was shot down and killed in a B-17. And found out I am related to many of the movers and shakers of medieval Scotland, including William Wallace. His younger brother was my 22x great grandfather. My 21X great grandfather (William's nephew) was put to death in London for his role during the uprising as was William.

Latest posts

Back