Who are you???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, time for an update:
still choir director and construction
mostly same hobbies - family, firewood, literature, less of music and opera, more of sumo wrestling (watching - not participating), and a bit of weight lifting with my son, Thor. Hiking when I can.
Truck is now a 1989 GMC dump truck, 4 door, 4wd.
Wife is pregnant for the 12th time. 9 kids living (plus one in the oven)
Got rid of the Lopi - very happy with my Blaze King Princess
Still have 2 cats.

Lots of similarities here. I also drive a Tacoma as my main work truck, but the dump truck is my wood truck.
Who are your favorite authors? You like Wodehouse?

C. Dickens, D. H. Lawrence, George Eliot, Lewis Carroll with a few Irish writers on the hearth

Favorite American:

Carl Sandburg, Steinbeck, Sinclair Lewis, Jack London(who lived most of the adventures he wrote about)

Gosh...Josh, it has been a long time. I Probably should look into retiring from inter web posting soon

C. Dickens, D. H. Lawrence, George Eliot, Lewis Carroll with a few Irish writers on the hearth

Favorite American:

Carl Sandburg, Steinbeck, Sinclair Lewis, Jack London(who lived most of the adventures he wrote about)

Gosh...Josh, it has been a long time. I Probably should look into retiring from inter web posting soon
Probably won't have the interwebs in your desolate, almost Canada Outpost. [emoji57]

Thanks, Chipper. I usually go back afterwards and go, "OOPS, I already did this". Then I get to see how good my memory is. Sometimes I might embellish them a little.
Welcome.
I had a good read and checked to see who all was still on here, looked like a couple a page were still here within the last couple months.
Not a bad retention rate for a 9yr old thread.

Favorite American:

Ah, Dickens is pretty amazing, though always quite gloomy. He starts off quite slow, then gradually builds steam until you can't put him down.
Never finished "Salambro" by Lawrence, so never read anything else.
Good stuff by Eliot, who was, as you probably know, a woman.
Haven't read any Carroll other than his two books about Alice.

I have books by all your Americans, but only read Steinbeck and London so far.
British humorists are quite good. P.G. Wodehouse is my favorite. Oscar Wilde is good, but he repeats so many of his jokes in other books to the point that it gets annoying.

I think I'm hijacking the thread. Oops.

1. Greg
2. 43
3. Physiotherapist
4. Wood cutting, fishing, cricket, hiking, football, fishing, tormenting the children. Also fishing.
5. 2018 Ford Ranger. A step up from the Subaru outback and the most I can justify to Cowgirl. For now.
6. One wonderful wife and two mid-sized children.
7. All Stihl. MMWS 241, 460, 661. Sold the POS 310.
8. Norseman GLX.
9. One inside cat and 50 outside kangaroos.

Back