Who can id a few trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijpom

Dude, where's my saw?
Reaction score
IMG_20210529_082716703.jpgi took out the three smaller trees crowding this evergreen. Leaves are above.
IMG_20210529_082647821.jpg

Then I removed a dead tree, that is burning really well tonight. It's not large, but a have a bunch like this that are dead.

IMG_20210529_082835607.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210529_082915220_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210529_082915220_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 16
Finally, I have some kind of vine that seems parasitic. I cut it from near it's base and the lower section started sprouting.
To me it looks like grape leaves, but there are no grapes.
Thanks for any help you can provide regarding the species and their desirability.

IMG_20210529_083032409.jpg

@Del_, Thanks for giving me a direction to search.
Seems these are all local or innocuous trees, and don't need special handling to remove.
I'll keep cutting until the dead, warped and over crowed tree are gone.

@ATH, Thanks for your input at the plant id's.

Google searched the wild grape vine for Illinois area and got this data. Leaves look right, but text says it only gets 2" off the ground. The vine I hoped to eradicate, goes up into the canopy past where I can see it having leaves/ flowers/fruit (maybe 40 or 50 ft.
Maybe I'm on the wrong variety of wild grape?

Riverbank Grape
Vitis riparia
Grape family (Vitaceae)​

Description: This is a woody perennial vine up to 50' long. It usually climbs trees, shrubs, or fence rows through the use of tendrils, but will rise only ½–2' above the ground while sprawling in open areas. The woody stems branch occasionally, and can become quite thick with shaggy bark toward the trunk. The smaller non-woody stems are yellowish green to red, hairless, and sometimes glaucous. At the leaf nodes, these stems become slightly wider, where there is a thin partition about 0.5-1.5 mm. across in the pith. Usually the tip of an actively growing stem is covered by a pair of young leaves. The leaves are up to 6" long and 4" across; they alternate along the stems. The leaves are cordate or orbicular in overall shape, and palmately lobed (often only three lobes are clearly visible). Usually the sinuses between the major lobes are broad and shallow, although sometimes they are moderately deep and either narrowly U-shaped or sharply cleft. The margins are coarsely serrated and slightly ciliate. The lower leaf surface is pale green, where there are white hairs along the major veins. The upper leaf surface is yellowish green to dark green and glabrous. The long slender petioles are pale green to red and usually glabrous, although there is a variety of Riverbank Grape with pubescent petioles.
rb_grape4.jpg

The PictureThis app is great for IDing things
Well ......
So far I pride myself on paying $0.00 for all apps I have on my phone. At $20/year, it would ruin the 100% record.
Have any suggestions for apps that are almost as good but *priced* right?

Well ......
So far I pride myself on paying $0.00 for all apps I have on my phone. At $20/year, it would ruin the 100% record.
Have any suggestions for apps that are almost as good but *priced* right?
There is a free version. I don’t pay anything for it

Latest posts

Back