who competed in the Albany timber carnival?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-rock

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Took forestry in HS and competed both in school and in the "pro" stuff Albany and Estacasa for one year. I believe it was 1991. As the logging industry fell I went my own way career wise. With the recent purchase of a used MS360 Pro it pulled back some memories.

I have 3/8 .050 84 square filed chisel chain. the neighbor at the time was a rather high up at OREGON and he helped me turn it into a race chain. I did most of the filing and then he took it in to have his "guy" make the edge. whoa that thing CUT! Wish I could remember what saw it was. They provided it, all I remember is it was a stihl stock saw competition.

Turned out I got 2nd all around logger in novice at albany. I remmber I would have had 1st but they had the stock saw and choker set running at the same time. and well I chose stock saw over the choker set.

I competed in novice, tree climb, single buck, double buck, and stock saw.
I just recently looked up the carnival and saw the last one was in 2000. kinda sad.

Latest posts

Back