Who does this crap some idiot drilled holes in the air filter on my dolmar 111

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August76

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I've had this all about 2 years and I never checked the air filter because I haven't used it much until now I open it up and to my surprise some idiot has drilled holes all throughout the air filter it is definitely bad and I could see where sawdust had been entering the carburetor absolutely no doubt about it I did have the muffler off the saw it last week and I looked inside at the piston and it looked good but I've been out cutting wood and my saw would not restart after it was warm I was figuring that it had Vapor locked after I shut it off.
Wouldn't this post you off!
This saw might be all screwed now. I hear you can't get parts for this model anymore too

Attachments

• 20180728_210329.jpg
    20180728_210329.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
  • 20180728_210319.jpg
    20180728_210319.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 176
  • 20180728_210325.jpg
    20180728_210325.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 164
It was definitely getting a little bit of sawdust in it

Not good at all, debris could get into everything.. all bearings, crank, rings. I’d pop the top and flush everything out really good and inspect even if only preventative from possible future damage, but that’s just me

I agree with Climber, it would be a good idea to get the jug off and check things out, definitely get a new air filter.

Not good at all, debris could get into everything.. all bearings, crank, rings. I’d pop the top and flush everything out really good and inspect even if only preventative from possible future damage, but that’s just me
Will do. Where can I get filter I wonder

Wood powered!
drif.gif

Not sure I'd go tearing a 30-year-old saw down into 5000 pieces for a few bits of sawdust. Sawdust burns up into 99.999999999999999999% gas.
Not a saw mech, but I've seen saws that were almost caked with sawdust in the carb, and they ran strong.

If it ain't fixed, don't break it!
At the most, I think I'd dump some mix down into the crankcase, slosh it around, dump it out and call it macaroni.
Might not even do that, since it might dislodge things that are better left undisturbed.

Put clean mix in it, run it like you stole it, and maybe not wait 2 yrs to check the air filter next time.

If the piston looks good, don't tear it down. put some fresh mix in and go with a new filter. I have an old crapsman that won't start after it gets hot, the fuel is boiling cause the lines are too close to the jug, no way to re route them either. You may have the same problem. I solved mine. I don't use it anymore. Thinkinabout porting it my style.

SANY3107.JPG SANY3110.JPG SANY3111.JPG SANY3112.JPG SANY3113.JPG SANY3108.JPG

Back