Who is still firing up their stove this season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rider93hawg

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I haven't had mine going for a week or so. 65 in the house now and a high of 59 with rain today. I know that might sound like no big deal for some, but earth contact home feels a lot colder. 65 will be the inside temp high for the day if I don't take action. I knew this was coming and planned accordingly. In a couple of hours it will be close to 80 in here. Who else is still burning?

I have ! Been in the 40's here all week long and we finally got a warm day today. It is 62 degrees today but my father is in the garage working on his four wheeler and the garage is always cool in there so he has the wood stove on in there.

Shane

I did a small burn last night before going to bed. Kept the house at 70 over night.. don't like the cold

I haven't had mine going for a week or so. 65 in the house now and a high of 59 with rain today. I know that might sound like no big deal for some, but earth contact home feels a lot colder. 65 will be the inside temp high for the day if I don't take action. I knew this was coming and planned accordingly. In a couple of hours it will be close to 80 in here. Who else is still burning?

Still going...take the chill off in the house.....

I'll fire it up late today and in the morning.

But we been runnin the AC off and on for a month now. :msp_mellow:

That is the up side to berm home as on average it stays 10* cooler than the outside during hot days. AC only when it hits 100 on a regular basis or for humidity control which is the down side. Otherwise, ceiling fans keep it nice.

Haven't lit up in about a week. But with the forecast for cool and rainy weather the next few days, I'm sure I'll fire up a few times. Probably no real need for any round the clock burning, but if I'm home all weekend I'll keep a low fire going. Other than that it will just be the evening warm-up fires like you guys have mentioned.

I've been cranking it up about 5 nights a week, just one small load a day in the basement stove. I never really kept track, but I'm certain I've burned more wood already in April than I did in all of March. With our weird March weather, I went over 2 weeks without a fire.

I go by the inside temp when I get home from work about midnight, if it's below 60 in the house, I light a fire. Above 60, no fire.

I've had a small fire in the furnace every second or third evening or morning over the last couple-three weeks now.
Seems like we either have cloudy/rainy days, or clear sunny days with cold nights... had frost on the ground two consecutive mornings earlier this week and one low morning temp in the 20's last week.
If I hadn't gotten a wild hair during those 80[sup]o[/sup]+ days in March when I pulled the plastic and and storm windows off I wouldn't be needing any fires... but, now it-is-what-it-is.

'Still lighting my woodstove...

Hi Folks,

I've been having woodstove fires on/off through out this past week.
Will probably over the weekend also, as it is supposed to be cooler with wind & rain from the East off the Atlantic.

I'm the kind of wood burner that I read about in a very informative book that I just bought...

-The book is called: "The Woodburner's Companion, Practical Ways of Heating with Wood" by Dirk Thomas.

He classifies some wood burner's as: ..."they light their woodstove on Columbus Day, and burn until Memorial Day"...

Ya, that' me!
I Love it! Love wood stove fires, cuttin' wood, getting out in the woods, away from "civilization" and just lettin her rip!

(Well, I'm not all that enthused about cleaning out the ashes, but what can you do, huh)!

Enjoy your woodstove fires, I'm afraid that after the "non-Winter" that we had here in Connecticut this year, this coming Summer will make it 'Hotter than the surface of freakin' Mars'....300* hot that is.... I HATE the Summer heat & especially the high dew points!
NO fun cuttin' then!!!

Have a good weekend, all!

CTwoodnutt :rock:

"Who is still firing up their stove this season"

HMM; it hasn't stopped burning for many moons

It's warm this morning also low 40's ;)

been burning some light overnight fires up until last week to keep the wifey and kids happy, this it the time of year to use up that lower grade wood where you dont need a long burn!

I haven't had a fire in about a month. But I may light one this evening and burn a little tomorrow just to keep the furnace from kicking on. High of 68 today and mid 70s tomorrow. Just need something to keep it a little warm for the baby.

Still burning in Indiana. Gets cool at night here. seems like we have it going for a couple days and then we let it go out for a couple.

I've let the fire go out in the OWB twice already, only to regret the decision. So it'll stay running until the nighttime lows get out of the 40's...Oh, and until the forecast doesn't call for rain/snow anymore! :bang: Might be ****** June at this rate! :bang:

Just getting home from work, house is 62 and its 40 and rainy/windy out.. Yeah, I better get one going before the wife gets home. She hates it below 70. Really just using her for an excuse. Love getting a fire going...Where's my beer???...:msp_smile:

been burning some light overnight fires up until last week to keep the wifey and kids happy, this it the time of year to use up that lower grade wood where you dont need a long burn!

I hear ya! If it is not dang near 70 inside the house when the wife comes home, she'll turn the furnace on. :msp_angry:
I keep telling her if she keeps pulling that then she is going to have to work overtime to pay the electric bill!

Latest posts

Back