Who is still firing up their stove this season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood stove is lit.....

.....just got home from work, temps in the upper 40's and 66 in the house, gonna be in the low 40's tonight, I got the wood stove burnin' about 15 minutes ago.....:biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
Probably done here in Iowa since we are to reach the 80's by end of week. However,it was in the upper 70's in March around here,so you just cant tell if it will be the last fire of the season. Will miss the burning.

Ron

Also done supposed to be upper 60's or higher for the next ten days at least. I cleaned out the owb, yesterday I am done. Haha

Also done supposed to be upper 60's or higher for the next ten days at least. I cleaned out the owb, yesterday I am done. Haha
It's over for this year. Clean the chimney. Could be a cold one next year. Impossible to be warmer than 2011-2012. That's my bet.

I've got 25 cords in the round waiting to be split, all cut to length. January was good to me.

I have enough wood next to the stove that I could burn it one or two more times, but it's been out for the past week or so. Supposed to be a little chilly this week(high 60 and low in the low 40s for a few days), so maybe I'll build a fire one or two more nights. But, really, I'm done...

still not warm enough for wife at night mid 40"s. So i fill it at night let it burn down during the day

fire going most of the day today . It's not unusual to have a fire every month of the year around here

Yesterday I decided to let the fire go out in the OWB for a third time this year...Hopefully I won't regret the decision again!

Off topic, but I thought it was a little weird to have a fire on one day and then have to mow the lawn the next. What a crazy winter!

May 7th. Fire tonight. I just saw snowflakes outside. 19 degrees last night. Ahhh, spring in the Rockies!:msp_razz:

Well the OWB is out, and i am not relighting it. But it is a bit chilly in here so having a fire in the fireplace. Will prob need one on thursday as well, but then the forecast is saying 70's for a while. Haha

Yesterday I decided to let the fire go out in the OWB for a third time this year...Hopefully I won't regret the decision again!

Aaaaaaargggghhhhhh.....goddammmit!!!! It's raining and in the 40s outside. Chilly & high 50s inside. I'm NOT starting the fire again but I HAD to start the oil furnace to warm up the house! Next year I think I'm just gonna burn wood until June!

got a little chilly last nite, kinda' chilly in the house this mornin'. i might have to build a small fire this evening,, i dunno. i had the central air running last week 'cause it was hot and humid and here i sit this morning thinkin' 'bout burning wood :dizzy:
i worked up a hard maple for a buddy yesterday(charity cut,,wish he'd buy a bigger saw,lol) and was sweating my butt off. the tree trunk went a good 20-30 inches in dia. and made a pretty nice pile of wood once split and piled. who'd of thunk,,, as sweat was soaked thru my shirt and my bald head was leaking into my eyes, that i'd be lookin' to build a fire in the stove today..crazy hoosier weather..

Off topic, but I thought it was a little weird to have a fire on one day and then have to mow the lawn the next. What a crazy winter!

I let my OWB go to sleep a couple of weeks ago and Monday I pulled up the pallet and fence stakes I use to store some wood right up next to it. :( Of course, the weather did not cooperate and I have just come in out of the rain from building another fire. It is supposed to cool down after the rain goes through and the Florida native wife does not like to get cold in MAY.

Wood stove burnin'.....

.....lit the stove yesterday when I got home from work, raining and 42[SUP]o[/SUP], here's a nice pic.....:msp_tongue:

attachment.php

.....cloudy and 60[SUP]o[/SUP] today, no fire in the stove, have to wait and see what the weather will do this week.....:popcorn:

Back