Who is still firing up their stove this season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We reached a balmy high of 53[sup]o[/sup] here yesterday, cloudy, windy, wet and rainy. The house is down to 62[sup]o[/sup] this morning... thought about building a small fire in the furnace... and then thought better of it. Supposed to see some sunshine today with temps in the high 60's... that should warm us up just fine by evening. Besides, the firebox is all cleaned up.

My sister and BIL arrived in that cold wind and rain yesterday from Las Vegas for a wedding this weekend, staying with mom and dad... I haven't seen them yet but I'm bettin' they're freezin' their kiesters,.. LOL. A few years ago they came in May for the parents 50th wedding anniversary, high temps stayed around 60-65 the whole time. The sun was shinning and I had my shirt off workin' in the yard... they came up the road with dad on his golf cart wearing borrowed winter parkas... LOL. They tell me that it always feels either warmer or cooler than what the thermometer says when they're in Iowa... I tell them, "Welcome to something called humidity!"

Fired up my OWB yesterday just to take the chill off the shop. Likely let it go out tomorrow.

crazy weather

The same over here. we have had a cold spell with southerlys coming through and snow down south and hail, now it is 7-8c overnight, 16-20c days, and Her indoors says its too warm for the woodburner

Broke down and lit mine up again today!! House was down to 55 and its been raining, damp and chilly here in central michigan last two days, oh-well, its easy and cheap enough to do, heard other folks talking about their furnace kicking on, no propane for this guy!:hmm3grin2orange:

We still have the fire going !

View attachment 240271

sorry I dont know how to show the photo on this site.

Dog_River

240271d1338691460-2012-june-1st-jpg

Wendell, are you trying to tell me that it's still that cold in northern Iowa?

Holy Cow! Maybe I need to let you use my "new" Stihl 056 to help warm you up. It purrs like a kitten, weighs about 22 lb dry, and is waiting to kick butt. :biggrinbounce2:

Ed, I was just posting the pic for the guy from Canada. :hmm3grin2orange:

I.can't.fracking.believe.it.

I just lit the stove!

I have burned in very early June before. Just wasn't expecting it this year, don't think it's been lit in a month.

But it's 55º inside, going to the 40s outside tonight, raw, and more rain then sun predicted all week!

Wish we could. The fish are drowning, and my would stacks are sinking in the mud ready to fall over.

Stove's going right now...48 degrees on the fourth of June....grrrrr. Fortunately I have a winter and a half worth of wood ready to go and probably another half winter's worth ready to skid out of the woods with my father as soon as I get the chicken coop finished and the rain stops!!

NH chimneys are smoken. 50ish. One of our biz partners was up from VA and complained of winter weather.

Nice oppy to ignite random pieces and loose bark hoarded for June heat.

I don't recall having to light the stove in June, but last night the house was dropping into the low 60s and with overnight temps forecast for the mid 40s, I lit it.

This morning the house was a comfortable 72 and the family was happy.

Lit the stove last night. Temp was in the sixties in the house and dropping. Stayed home with chills, fever and headache yesterday and today. hope its not lyme.

I built one Fri June first before I went to bed still some near frost nights up here. I doesn't cost anything to take the chill out of the house. I suspect another week or 2 and I should be done for a month or 2.

Latest posts

Back