Who would like a Gardening forum on here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish thats all i had to pick. the only time i hate it is in the rain or 100* &high humidity.lots of water &gatorade then. and some adult bevs in evening.
btw good job on the firefightin sat.FS.

The thing I hate to pick the most is okra. It's the itchiest stuff I have ever dealt with.
Okra is what I help my mentor the most with. Have about 500 feet of it to deal with.

Maybe THATS why I help most with it.:msp_scared::msp_scared:

I didnt do anything Saturday that my neighbors wouldn't have done for me.

The thing I hate to pick the most is okra. It's the itchiest stuff I have ever dealt with.
Okra is what I help my mentor the most with. Have about 500 feet of it to deal with.

Maybe THATS why I help most with it.:msp_scared::msp_scared:

I didnt do anything Saturday that my neighbors wouldn't have done for me.

What variety of okra are you growing?

Jiminy Christmas, do you guys need freaking pictures?

This

8380.jpg

or this

Forget it... seems none of it is SFW... :dizzy:

How the heck do they get that over their legs?

Kinda garden related, my next restoration is an old Cub Cadet tiller that I bought last year, it is rough and missing the head for the engine. I really don't need it as I have a 7' tiller for my diesel tractor and a "pony" tiller and a little muffler modded Troy Built mini tiller. But..I always liked the look of those old yellow and white Cub products and jumped on this one for $20. Plan is to give it a hot bath later and get it in my basement shop to begin disassembly later today. Pics will follow at some point.

Kinda garden related, my next restoration is an old Cub Cadet tiller that I bought last year, it is rough and missing the head for the engine. I really don't need it as I have a 7' tiller for my diesel tractor and a "pony" tiller and a little muffler modded Troy Built mini tiller. But..I always liked the look of those old yellow and white Cub products and jumped on this one for $20. Plan is to give it a hot bath later and get it in my basement shop to begin disassembly later today. Pics will follow at some point.

Pics or it's fake!!!:D

That sounds like a fun project.

Even though my son bought me the husqvarna tiller this year I would still like to also have the Troy Bilt horse from last year.

The one huge advantage that the husqvarna has over the TB is dual rotating tines. Breaks up the ground like you would not believe.

Best tiller I have ever come across is my 7' DelMorino, it weighs alot and requires at least 35pto hp. It literally powders the ground in one pass.

Hoping

I am hoping one day after the kiddo gets out of college ( 1.5 more years) to get a compact tractor.

With it I would like a box blade, tiller, bushhog & a lift arm.

Last edited:
Did I mention it is 32 degrees here and snowing? I put on a carhart and went to my storage hut...discovered that there is a craftsman tiller of similar size in there too...dunno when I got that...Anyhow, I dragged the Cub up to the garage and fired up the pressure washer with hot water and blasted it clean, removed all the old stickers too. It is now in the garage and drip drying till Jr gets home to help me carry it to the basement shop, I have a ground floor entrance but do not want to roll it across the muddy lawn to get there. View attachment 285587

Since this resto is for me and not a customers I will not be replacing the stickers, it will just get original color paint and a complete engine rebuild, I think I might do the outer tines in white too, might look cool with the inners yellow and outers white. Time to make a parts list and call my picker buddy to see if he has a 5hp Briggs head...

Yummy Okra.:ices_rofl:

I don't know what type or name it is.

He has been planting this one type for years and years. Lets some of it hang and then seeds it for the next year.

I grow Clemson Spineless...but it's all good! Still have some in the freezer from last year.

I grow Clemson Spineless...but it's all good! Still have some in the freezer from last year.

I am getting down to the last of my last years veggies. No tomatos, no squash, no broccoli or cabbage.

I have been skimping on using bellpepper because I thought I was almost out. found several other bags in the freezer and am now trying to use it up.

Even though I eat jalepenos with everything I still have enough left to supply a mexican restaurant for a week!

I was hoping to get a front door on and cover the greenhouse this week but the light snow just turned to a blizzard here.

I am getting down to the last of my last years veggies. No tomatos, no squash, no broccoli or cabbage.

I have been skimping on using bellpepper because I thought I was almost out. found several other bags in the freezer and am now trying to use it up.

Even though I eat jalepenos with everything I still have enough left to supply a mexican restaurant for a week!

I remember the other variety of okra I have grown in the past..Perkins, shorter plants, good yeild tho. Lemmesee, I have around 80 qts. of maters, 60 qts. green beans, a few jars of ramps, mucho canned banana peppers, pickles, dilly beans, peppers in the freezer, corn on the cob, canned taters, apples, peaches, Bambi....

I remember the other variety of okra I have grown in the past..Perkins, shorter plants, good yeild tho. Lemmesee, I have around 80 qts. of maters, 60 qts. green beans, a few jars of ramps, mucho canned banana peppers, pickles, dilly beans, peppers in the freezer, corn on the cob, canned taters, apples, peaches, Bambi....

That last one would go good with any of the others:msp_thumbup:
we tried doin corn on the cob but it came out kinda mushy and tastin like cob.maybe theres a trick i'm missing.

Last edited:
Green beans

I want to grow green beans but think I missed the season here.

I have one row open. I need to find something that loves the sun and doesn't mind the high 90's summer temps.

I built this from a link that Del posted:

attachment.php

Sheds the snow much better!

I have swiss chard and spinach planted in this bed.

Back