who's got info on Hurricane Irma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy4trees

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone in Florida or with contacts there that can fill us in on where we should start looking for work..
I'll be grinding stumps with 2 grinders and probably bring one skid steer..

Anyone in Florida or with contacts there that can fill us in on where we should start looking for work..
I'll be grinding stumps with 2 grinders and probably bring one skid steer..

I'm in Central Florida. Getting our asses kicked right now. We're projected to have 30-40mph winds all day tomorrow too. I imagine you won't get much solid direction from anybody north of Central Florida until late Monday / early Tuesday. Sounds like Orlando is getting hit pretty hard and they haven't been hit in a long time. Other than that, the whole state is getting ***** smacked. Should be work all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister in law lives in Wesley Chapel which is about 45 min North East of Tampa. They only had one pine blown over. They said they drove around a bit and everything was mostly fine. A few blown over trees but nothing major. No power as expected.

Gonna go down there and get stuck up and confounded to the point of bankruptcy. Gonna have more bills than invoices. The bills come easy, the invoices, not so much. What are you gonna do? Fight over a stump? Can't you do that and stay in yer own bed?

Hey! How's ole Slayer?

For anyone going to fight Irma, Global Equipment Exporters can help you with knives and grinder teeth. We're in Atlanta and can get products down there in 2 days. Please call 770-420-6400 and Randy or Dave can help you.

Be careful.

Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

i'm headed south on saturday, my house in cape coral was on the west side of the eye, I'll keep ya'll posted,

a friend in micanopy, between gainesville and ocala, that traffic has normalized on interstate and there is gas at gas stations, i'm on the road south in an hour or so

I was on standby to head down to Tampa to work for a tree service and to bring whatever supplies they couldn't get ahold of. We talked the day after the storm and it just didn't seem like there was enough work to need the extra hands they were anticipating.

i'm headed south on saturday, my house in cape coral was on the west side of the eye, I'll keep ya'll posted,
Hey I'm in Fort Myers. Do you have a company in Cape Coral?

There are a lot of trees down around here. Mostly large ficus trees (strangler figs, Cuban laurels, benjamina) there are a ton of people out here working. We're really swamped with emergency work. If any climbers with storm experience wants to come give us a hand we'd be happy to have you. The whole state got hit so there is more than enough work if someone wanted to chase it. I Haven't seen Naples but they got pounded hard.

In NW cape coral, 100 sq miles of singe family homes, on my street phone company just ran new lines, have internet now. its a chaotic place on one street crews cutting up busted up and blown over trees while a construction crew breaks ground on a new house, while linemen string new wires and straighten up poles.
driving through the state down 75 the other day, traffic back to normal no giant parking lots on freeway, the all along the road in places the larges trees uprooted and snapped in half like matchsticks, it wasn't total devistation, we dodged a big bullet when cool air from the west busted up the eye of the storm as it made landfall in Marco island, grocery store shelves about 1/2 to 3/4 full, some exits even in so GA no gas but the big corporate places all have gas, while the independant like indian owned stores no gas. 95% of state has power now, the is lots of tree work to be done but it is hit and miss tree guys are cruising the neighborhoods finding work, Best bet is to register with fema as professional tree service and there is possibly no limit to the work they can provide. plus that allows insurance companies to pay you and lada lada lada, you get the idea.
Relief teams from all over country set up in places giving out water, ice and hot meals, some even do laundry but again that is hit and miss it is like there is no organized way to find them. internet even through phone providers is not good, cell phone service seems to be ok but in many places no 3g or 4g. Its cool at night, 70-75 but by 2pm 90-95 degrees, summer rains decreasing might get rain at night or sun shower in the day but bulk of monsoon season seams to be over.

I was in Orlando for a couple weeks, doing family trees
Now on Hilton head.....
Gonna go down there and get stuck up and confounded to the point of bankruptcy. Gonna have more bills than invoices. The bills come easy, the invoices, not so much. What are you gonna do? Fight over a stump? Can't you do that and stay in yer own bed?

Hey! How's ole Slayer?

Started out in Bradenton for FDOT on a push crew, got cut short there. Moved over to New Port Richey subbed under some great people there for 3 weeks @ 200/hr if you're going to be in that part of the world go check out Clearwater beach!!!

Back