Whos up for a GTG 25mi North of Louisville KY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Who's up for a GTG 25mi North of Louisville KY?

Sorry for the suspense guys just wanted to get all my ducks in a row before I made anything official. ;)
(Still having trouble rounding up the logs)

Alright here it is, first weekend in October, I'm thinking I'll make this a two day'er Saturday the 3rd and Sunday the 4th, bring a tent or camper and stay the night shoot the shat around the campfire kinda thing. It's a long drive to most of the GTGs and it's a bit of a chore to put it all in one day. Every time I leave one of these things I always think how much fun it would be to just sit around the fire and shoot the shat with these guys, so I thought drive in on Saturday stay and play, camp, eat, drink and be merry, and head out Sunday should make things a lot nicer for everybody.

So what do you say fellas put your name down and let me know??

Last edited:
I might be convinced to make that one. I'll bring my brother too if I make it.

Not a definate yes yet. Wife is still prego. She was 3 cm last week, so I hope she will have him soon. If the GTG is in October I might be able to make it. Maybe car pool with Levi????

depending on the income i have come towards the middle of october i should know something if i can make it to the gie expo in louisville or not hope i can cause i need a break from everything found a decent hotel chain that is in east louisville that is got a full kitchen in the rooms so that saves eating out all the time but i need to save up for that trip and the more funds i raise the better

Erick you going to the expo ?

Erick,

Ol' buddy you know I'm all over that like a settin' hen on a housecat!!!
Hope the weather is good for camping.

I might find a couple of these old junks that will halfway run.

Mike

That's the first weekend of archery deer season, but I would probably sacrifice it and make the 1-1/2 hour drive just to shake Fish's hand and thank him for all the entertainment and excellent advice that he's provided all the years here on AS. I had to give up my bong, bass turds piss test me at work now.

Last edited:
Do we need a "passport" to get into Indiana??

Can I bring a handgun? Wife? Bong? Manservant?

Answers. Yes/Depends, Is she hot?/Yes, but the "fuel" for it is a different story/ No sense in bringing him. I don't think he going to be able to break off his date with Stihlthedeere that weekend.

Last edited:
I should be able to make it. Depends on work and if anyone has vacation already down those days.

I can get logs Erick. I just don't have a way of loading them, if they are too big.

Do we need a "passport" to get into Indiana??

Can I bring a handgun? Wife? Bong? Manservant?

Fish no "passport" but you will need a statement from your doctor to leave the grounds of the "institution".

Handgun?? you're safe here Fish... no Hatfield’s in this part of the country. :laugh:

I'm sure Brad will enjoy catching up with the wife again. :D

Prefer to keep this little GTG to legal substances only, but what you do on your way to the store is your bidness.

Manservant?? is that what you're calling the orderly these days??? We really gotta get you outa that place. :laugh:

Come on up Fish… be good to finally meet the man. :clap:

That's the first weekend of archery deer season, but I would probably sacrifice it and make the 1-1/2 hour drive just to shake Fish's hand and thank him for all the entertainment and excellent advice that he's provided all the years here on AS. I had to give up my bong, bass turds piss test me at work now.

Archery season opens on the 1st.... if you was any kinda hunter at all you'd be killed out by then. :D

I should be able to make it. Depends on work and if anyone has vacation already down those days.

I can get logs Erick. I just don't have a way of loading them, if they are too big.

Might have to get with you in the next few weeks. :cheers:

Answers. Yes/Depends, Is she hot?/Yes, but the "fuel" for it is a different story/ No sense in bringing him. I don't think he going to be able to break off his date with Stihlthedeere that weekend.

So I need to bring my wife, AND her depends????

It is her bong, and her "manservant", so I will gladly leave them all home.

Ever since the "Snellerizing", she has been a real pain in the arse anyway...

So is beer legal up there?

I'm up for a last hooora for the year. Count me in, probably my buddy Scott also, he's been to a couple other GTG's with me, any chance to get away from the wife and he is all over it. We probably will have to stop in Kokomo or Louisville at some point during the venture for some good entertainment value.:)

Might have to get with you in the next few weeks. :cheers:

I have 20 acres in Kent that will have the logs we need. I have the truck and trailer, just no way to lift big logs. I could get some man power, just depends on how big of logs we want. If we did short logs and more of them we could just muscle them on the trailer.

I also have some down trees at home that would make good gtg logs.

I have 20 acres in Kent that will have the logs we need. I have the truck and trailer, just no way to lift big logs. I could get some man power, just depends on how big of logs we want. If we did short logs and more of them we could just muscle them on the trailer.

I also have some down trees at home that would make good gtg logs.

I have acces to a bunch of Basswood that I hear makes good racing cants. I can go harvest some trees and mill them into 8X8's or 10x10's. And I do have a way of moving them:)

Back